Summer Leave 2013 - HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by tanter, Feb 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know when leave is at HMS Raleigh for this summer? The parents want to book a holiday for the family, and the mother is pestering me for dates.

2. Easter 23 Mar - 8 April 2013
    Summer 10 Aug - 1st Sept 2013

As always dates liable to change due to security status. Anyone booking holidays must buy cancellation insurance.

Hope this helps

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

3. SJG. Wrong information. Summer leave for Raleigh this year is, 2 Aug - 2 Sep.

4. A months summer leave, when i was there in the 70's (as an instructor) we only got 3 weeks. You OD's are spoilt these days

5. Come on black cat come to daddy.
    When I was there as a suppressed, overworked underpaid "volunteer" in the '60s we got two weeks you spoilt bastard.
    Fifteen two that ******.

6. Wot's leave ????

7. Fifteen Two, Fifteen Four and one for his knob, oh who's the knob?

8. I'll be the knob 'cos when I was at Ganges we didn't get ANY summer leave :( Joining up in November had nuffink to do with it!!

9. Leave is what you are on at present. Occasionally you have to do a task that's called work.
    There try saying it W-O-R-K it isn't hard to say, but when it comes to doing it,..oh dear wrecks.
    Now take a deep breath and hold it.
    I'll tell you when to carry on.
    Off to Canada then.

10. I heard somewhere that if you want to leave the country during the leave period (from phase 1 training at Raleigh) you need permission and confirmation. Is this true and from whom should I obtain this?

11. yep you will need to get in touch with the King of Dumnonia, Before going on leave!!!!

12. Yes it's true, the UPO holds a list of naughty countries you can't go to, request is via your divisional officer.

13. Does anybody know when the summer leave is for 2014 at Raleigh please.

cheers

14. 1 Aug to 1 Sept

15. Are you 100% sure about that?

Sent from my C6603 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The simple fact is that training establishments usually have individual fixed leave dates, but...don't assume your phase two training establishment will have the same dates & in all events, if you have a start date to join, it can change and you are still advised to insure against cancellation in case the security status changes which could result in phased leave rather than block leave.

17. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

1 August - 1 September

Yes we are 100% sure.

Admittedly I wouldn't trust Wrecks much of the time but he is right on this occasion.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just to add, for those planning their holidays before they even join...Don't book any outward flights the day you go on leave, nor return flights the day before you're due to rejoin Raleigh. Remember also, you need to inform your Divisional staff to ensure you are contactable during leave (Before anyone thinks "Oh yeah, Really?" - I had a phonecall once telling me to stay on leave an extra week as a course start date had been put back due to illness). The service also gets a bit twitchy if you intend holidaying in countries the FO advise against.

19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Wrecks right, that's a first! :toothy2:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ok cheers for your help guys :)

Sent from my C6603 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app