Summer and Christmas Leave

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Professor_X, Jul 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this is a little in the future but not been able to find any information, does any one have any idea when Raleigh breaks for the summer and christmas periods?

2. When Summer and xmas arrive, I should imagine!!??

Naw...sorry mate, don't know... o_O

3. When i was in we went on summer leave in the 2nd or 3rd week of august.

4. Cant help mate , I spent 3 months in the Royal Navy and never spent a Christmas at home.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

6. Thanks for that.
    I looked but obviously not hard enough

7. Try joining up and asking the nice man in the pointed cap and dodgy watch when you get there!!!

8. i'm not that bothered it is my family who are wanting to know, and i just cannot get them to understand that they will have to wait and any plans they have involving me will just have to wait!!

9. Xav28 give us all a hint as to what plans they have, are they going to make sure that you finish school? Send you to Big Brother or what[​IMG]?

10. And while we`re here, when did they start to join up for 4 years? Hardly worth training them, whats the return?

11. When I was in we worked 750 days a year, whats leave? :afro:

12. On a similar note... I go to Raleigh on 7th October, meaning my course will finish on 9th December.

When will Stage 2 start? Before or after Christmas?

EDIT: Just realised I'll be at Raleigh for 9 weeks - not 8 - I guess it'll restart after Christmas then.

13. Only 750 days a year Bill? I've done longer trot moves than that!

14. The plans are that the inlaws want to go on holiday and want myself and my missus to go with them, i said to go without me.

15. In Laws eh? Stay at home, think of the fun you can have.[​IMG]

16. I only had one 10 minute make and mend every three years Bill :whew:

17. Why go with the in laws, you and the good lady get away on your own

18. hey mate. summer leave at Raleigh is from the 3rd August till the 2nd of september. the reason why it is a month is because this base works through all bank holidays. not sure about christmas leave yet.

19. That is what i suggested.. going away on our own, thanks for all the info got an email from the RN community website who have advised the following:

"HMS Raleigh's Main Summer Leave dates are from Friday 3rd Aug 17:00 - Monday 3rd Sept 06:45, Christmas leave dates are as follows Friday 21st 17:00 Dec- Mon 7th Jan 06:45. You will be entitle to claim a warrant for your travel home."

Again thanks alot, 8 days and counting until I go to Raleigh!!

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ironic eh?

Got your days off planned before to actually start.

You'll go far!