Sultan, still the same old ....?

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by witsend, May 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. Well, its still full of binmen and WAFU's if thats what you mean? :)
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Hopefully you are not a WAFU Brigs :lol:
  4. Nope. :lol:
  5. well emma's has had a refurb, the scran's still shite and the accommodation is still back in the bronze age. I doubt anything has changed since last you were here.
  6. Probably still full of stokers as well, which must be a bit of a downer.
  7. I bet their arses are just as hairy.
  8. Sultan ?? |Used to a great place for a holiday - NOT ! Was last there in 1982 just before the Falklands kicked off - would love to see it now, can imagine that it hasnt changed much.

Full of Wafus and stokers with ti*s - god, what is the world coming to ???
  9. Last time I was there all the t*ts were still in the reg office :lol:
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I remember when I was working at HMS Sultan Reg Office and we got intel that there was going to be a CND demonstration at the main gate; we detailed everyone for security duties and to form a cordon to prevent anyone breaking through.

It started fairly peaceful, eventually it became quite heated - at this point, one particular young sailor lost his nerve, dropped his shield and began to run away from the scene as fast as he could.

After about a mile he ran headlong into a Senior Rate in uniform.

"Sorry PO," said the matelot.

"PO? I'm a bloody Chief Submariner!"

"Christ, I didn't realise I'd run that far back..!"

8O :twisted:
  11. Intel(ligence) in the Reg Office Sgt P? :mrgreen:
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yep. Usually halved when a Redcap pops in for a cuppa... :wink:

13. Must drop to zero when the Snowdrops fly in
  14. Still got the bridge that everyone is meant to use - even fully grown adults! Was there a couple of months before I was due outside (Sept 2002) on some course and normally wore civies to the course which was taking place over the road from the accom so would just bimble out the gate and cross the road like a normal adult, second last day for some reason we had to wear 8s, the gate staff went mad when I decided to cross the road after lunch - they had watched me cross on the morning and come back at lunch!!! Seems i was seen as a danger to the traffic and had to cross the road via the bridge!! FFS I was nearly 40, running my own company but I couldn't be trusted to cross a road!!!
  15. Oh yes they still go mental at people trying to cross the road. They have got so **** about it they now try and stop you crossing the road in civvies.
  16. Was there in 83/84 when the bridge went TU so everyone had to cross the road via the gate behind the SR's mess. Reggies wore hi-vis jackets and were crossing patrol, everyone called them Tufty after that and they had a daily sense of humour failure with all the verbals they were getting :lol:
  17. As a regular user of Military Rd, I believe the bridge should be compulsory. I've lost count of the number of 'grown ups' (normally Officers) who obviously have forgotten the green cross code and do walk into the traffic causing drivers to slow down.........actually as I am writing this a thought came to me.....maybe because they are Officers they think that cars should stop for them!!!