Sultan Standing orders - alcohol - Phase 2 trainees

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by Eggy_Russ, May 21, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble on my computer trying to find sultan standing orders and I do not know where to look. I have tried to google it! It would be much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction. As i have not got long to find this information!

Thankyou

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'd imagine, if you are on Dii, they'll be on Sultan's Moss site. I'd be surprised if they are hosted in the public domain outside of the intranet

3. Right, can i access the intranet on a civvie computer? Could i possibly access this info from the defense gateway?

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  4. If the question is: can I have booze in my cabin as a Phase 2, I suggest the answer is probably no.

5. No no, I need to put together a presentation together regarding the consequences of contravening Sultan standing orders and explain the policy of PHASE 2's drinking on base. But i don't know how to access this information.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Are you on the base? I would suggest speaking to the staff in the ETICC - they should be able to guide you towards the rules. There should also be some available from whoever the duty training officer is.

7. Ninja_Stoker

If all else fails, get pissed & video what happens :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Lol I once had to do a presentation on bloody wallpapering during leadership at Royal Arthur.
    Clever bastard that I was I actually gave a practice demo and wallpapered the classroom wall.

Didn't go over too big. But I passed.
    So go ahead just turn up pissed and the results will work out I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. My missus gave a presentation on chocolate on her LRCC and handed out samples - biggest bit to the staff. She did quite well, strangely...

10. Ninja_Stoker

Just spent ten minutes browsing the Defence Gateway, which is accessible from the standard internet for those who have created an account. I couldn't find Sultan's SSO/SGO's but possibly someone more familiar with the layout may be able to assist: https://www.defencegateway.mod.uk/

If you are in Sultan, there's probably a hard copy of Standing Orders in the Officer of the Day's kaboosh.

11. I hope you used woodchip.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

The TSOs are there. If this is still needed Monday am I'll post a breadcrumb trail. You can't get there from the internet.

13. Conducted by LMEM Hansel and MEM Gretel. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Lol now that would have been funny.

15. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

The policy for SULTAN concerning alcohol can be found in SULSOs Chapter 07 DISCIPLINE Section 09 ALCOHOL. There's a lot there and more than enough to make a presentation on. The link to SULSOs goes straight from the splash page of the SULTAN website. Must be important or something.... :D

16. I remember being at Wyton when the Crabs allowed booze in the Blocks, the RN still would not allow it so the 18 year old SAC next door could drink but as a 25 year old killick I couldn't (officially). Our AEO (RN Lt) took it on himself to search the RN rooms to enforce the rules (He was a complete throbber), and it was recommended he resign his commission a few year later due to a paperwork error that lead to crash (had his name all over it).

17. Was that AEM Evans? :p

18. Lt Evans* RN ;)

* Name changed to protect the guilty

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. RAF Honington and RAF Aberporth both allowed the lads the same privileges as their RAF counterparts.

20. Didn't at Wroughton :( But they let us the NAAFI and lock up when we left, bought the drinks before they locked the bar. :)