Sultan Standing orders - alcohol - Phase 2 trainees

Eggy_Russ

Badgeman
hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble on my computer trying to find sultan standing orders and I do not know where to look. I have tried to google it! It would be much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction. As i have not got long to find this information!

Thankyou

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I'd imagine, if you are on Dii, they'll be on Sultan's Moss site. I'd be surprised if they are hosted in the public domain outside of the intranet

Eggy_Russ

Badgeman
Right, can i access the intranet on a civvie computer? Could i possibly access this info from the defense gateway?

Last edited:

Eggy_Russ

Badgeman
No no, I need to put together a presentation together regarding the consequences of contravening Sultan standing orders and explain the policy of PHASE 2's drinking on base. But i don't know how to access this information.

Polto

War Hero
Are you on the base? I would suggest speaking to the staff in the ETICC - they should be able to guide you towards the rules. There should also be some available from whoever the duty training officer is.

RomanyRanner

Lantern Swinger
Lol I once had to do a presentation on bloody wallpapering during leadership at Royal Arthur.
Clever bastard that I was I actually gave a practice demo and wallpapered the classroom wall.

Didn't go over too big. But I passed.
So go ahead just turn up pissed and the results will work out I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My missus gave a presentation on chocolate on her LRCC and handed out samples - biggest bit to the staff. She did quite well, strangely...

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just spent ten minutes browsing the Defence Gateway, which is accessible from the standard internet for those who have created an account. I couldn't find Sultan's SSO/SGO's but possibly someone more familiar with the layout may be able to assist: https://www.defencegateway.mod.uk/

If you are in Sultan, there's probably a hard copy of Standing Orders in the Officer of the Day's kaboosh.

oakum

Midshipman
Lol I once had to do a presentation on bloody wallpapering during leadership at Royal Arthur.
Clever bastard that I was I actually gave a practice demo and wallpapered the classroom wall.

Didn't go over too big. But I passed.
So go ahead just turn up pissed and the results will work out I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you used woodchip.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The TSOs are there. If this is still needed Monday am I'll post a breadcrumb trail. You can't get there from the internet.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The policy for SULTAN concerning alcohol can be found in SULSOs Chapter 07 DISCIPLINE Section 09 ALCOHOL. There's a lot there and more than enough to make a presentation on. The link to SULSOs goes straight from the splash page of the SULTAN website. Must be important or something.... :D

I remember being at Wyton when the Crabs allowed booze in the Blocks, the RN still would not allow it so the 18 year old SAC next door could drink but as a 25 year old killick I couldn't (officially). Our AEO (RN Lt) took it on himself to search the RN rooms to enforce the rules (He was a complete throbber), and it was recommended he resign his commission a few year later due to a paperwork error that lead to crash (had his name all over it).

slim

War Hero
RAF Honington and RAF Aberporth both allowed the lads the same privileges as their RAF counterparts.

Topstop

War Hero
RAF Honington and RAF Aberporth both allowed the lads the same privileges as their RAF counterparts.
Didn't at Wroughton :( But they let us the NAAFI and lock up when we left, bought the drinks before they locked the bar. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS UK statement in response to the Head of the OSCE Programme Office in Nur-Sultan MoD News 0
R Phase 2 training at HMS Sultan Joining the Royal Navy 0
MoD_RSS PM meeting with His Majesty the Sultan of Brunei: 4 February 2020 MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMS Sultan: "It's An Air Engineering First For Accelerated Apprentices" Bases / Shore Est 6
MoD_RSS PM travels to Oman following the death of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK flags to fly at half mast for the death of Sultan Qaboos of Oman MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM statement on the death of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, Sultan of Oman MoD News 0
Asasioun What next... (post Sultan) Submariners 8
soleil Navy News (FB): HMS Sultan - Charity Moustache Growing Event Bases / Shore Est 7
MoD_RSS PM call with Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyan: 9 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The Queen’s birthday celebration 2019 in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan: Ambassador's speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The Queen’s birthday celebration 2019 in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan: Ambassador's speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Queen’s birthday celebration 2019 in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan: Mike Gifford's speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Office Minister Sir Alan Duncan visits Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Office Minister Sir Alan Duncan visits Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS SULTAN CLOSURE Bases / Shore Est 0
Z Hms sultan and august break Joining the Royal Navy 5
P HMS Sultan bike storage Health & Fitness 0
S HMS Sultan Phase 2 - ETME Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
J HMS Sultan Holiday? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J Adding to Sultan’s LH’s Mess Submariners 5
L HMS Sultan AET Training/ Leading Hand Fast Track Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
D Phase 2 Sultan Kit Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with Sultan Qaboos of Oman: 6 July 2017 MoD News 0
Tomahawk HMS Sultan to be closed, HMNB Devonport to be Amphib super-centre Current Affairs 23
Walter_white HMS SULTAN - Hours and weekends Joining the Royal Navy 23
Walter_white Between HMS Raleigh and HMS Sultan- what happens? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 55
S Memories of HMS Sultan Killicks course 1969 Bases / Shore Est 9
S HMS Sultan phase 2 training Miscellaneous 9
Ash Rich Magnum Trainers at Sultan? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with His Majesty the Sultan of Oman: 15 July 2015 MoD News 0
cheesybeans17 Learning to drive at HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with Sultan Qaboos of Oman, 3 April 2015 MoD News 1
J Phase 2 passing out HMS Sultan. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Press release: PM meeting with the Sultan of Brunei: February 2015 MoD News 0
Y HMS Sultan Easter Holiday? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
77DEEPS77 Starting in JUNE, anyone? HMS sultan RFA 20
2LI Phase two at HMS Sultan The Quarterdeck 4
J Accommodation near to HMS Sultan. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B HMS Sultan RFA 6
J Phase 2 marine engineer HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
Naval_Gazer Wasp crash lands outside HMS Sultan The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil Pompey News: "End Of An Era As Last Surviving Wren Leaves HMS Sultan Naval Branch" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil HMS Sultan Summer Show 2013 - Saturday/Sunday 15th/16th June 2013 Bases / Shore Est 13
soleil HMS Sultan - Army/Navy Combined Training Marine Engineering Course Bases / Shore Est 5
A Sultan summer leave 2013 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
S Marine Engineering Technician Submariner training post Raleigh/Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
J Selection Interview questions/HMS Sultan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
A Storing your gun at Sultan Bases / Shore Est 22