Sucessfull Resettlement

Seem to remember all the booties being refused their close protection courses in South Africa not run in UK and half the supply branch being told they couldn't use them in their home Islands as most from Caribbean. limited to only UK mainstream Universities. My original choice was refused as a much more expensive alternative was available in london that didnt tie in with the company placements.

barny006

War Hero
Seriously ,Went to BP Energy,started at the Courage Brewery Reading.then as a trouble shooter / Site takeover team.

robert2

Badgeman
I thought the hardest part of resettlement was getting used to the civilian workplace attitude of its not my job and why rush when you can coast along at snail speed. Another thing is people making their own little empires, especially not sharing knowledge, that still grips me now 9 years after having left.
I wasn't called LD Sqaured for nothing. Lower Deck Lawyer Dave haha
In 1940, staff and pupils of Lancing College were evacuated to Shropshire. The War Office then requisitioned the school buildings and HMS King Alfred, the Royal Naval Voluntary Reserved moved in. The buildings were soon put to use, the chapel became their "stone frigate". The Admiralty had purchased about 18 Walls Ice Cream "stop me and buy one" pre-war tricycles which were converted into little ships (with the addition of a chart table and compass above the former ice-cream cool box). Pedalling around a mini English Channel laid out with buoys on the cricket field at Lancing College, the naval ratings learned the art of navigation and within a few weeks were at sea. Truly an example of necessity being the mother of invention.

It was said that a few enterprising demobees bought a couple at auction and used them to sell Durex. The slogan changed to Buy me and stop One.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Enhanced Constructive Resettlement at Camden Youth Offending Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making resettlement constructive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: UK Resettlement Schemes for Vulnerable Refugees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New global resettlement scheme for the most vulnerable refugees announced MoD News 0
vauxhall Leaving with a Resettlement Grant? Mind the Gap! Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Resettlement Grants and returning to the Armed Forces Finance & Pensions 0
R Resettlement Opportunities - Engineers The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Transition ... Resettlement ... What's the difference? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine The Quest Resettlement App is now available to download The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD awards multi-million pound resettlement contract MoD News 0
G Outstanding Overissue - Resettlement Grant Finance & Pensions 5
BFRS Forces Resettlement Transport & Logistics The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Get the latest issue of Quest - The Resettlement Magazine The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
R Resettlement lump sum? Finance & Pensions 7
FunkyJunky £10k resettlement grant/leaving UPO 6
C Resettlement, leave and a second job Finance & Pensions 1
N Resettlement UPO 2
Tdivers Hi My Name is Ian I am the Resettlement Manager For Thailand Divers Phuket The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop ELC & Resettlement Training Opportunities The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
3yearstilltx Day release for resettlement courses The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 3
ForcesJobShop Resettlement: Diving Instructor (PADI) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
M Resettlement Training The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Joint_Force_Harrier Resettlement The Gash Barge 2

Latest Threads