Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Successful AIB, what's next?

Dan_Bakke

Midshipman
Hi Guys,

I've just returned from Sultan in the last couple of days! Had a very successful AIB, in my debrief they said i had a very good score and can expect to start training soon.

Now my Aptitude tests showed very high for observer and good for pilot.

I put pilot as my first choice and observer as my second.

So what should I expect to get offered? will it go on my aptitude or will they respect my high score at AIB and perhaps offer me first choice?

Could it also depend on current needs? and does anyone know what they are currently?

Cheers,
Chris.

chieftiff

War Hero
I haven't got a clue what the process is likely to involve or what the outcome is likely to be. I think you are more likely to get an answer in the newbies forum where our resident AFCO rep hangs out so I will move your thread there.

PS. Welcome to the site and congratulations on passing your AIB, hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Well done on passing. i passed in July, i never passed with great marks but still a sense of achievement! i always wondered what the percentage was of people actually passing for Aircrew.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Welcome to RR!

Not a whizz on Officer selection I have to confess, although my understanding is that there is most certainly a projected requirement for fixed wing pilots because of the future carrier(s) project allegedly being given the green light.

Quite simply, as you've already correctly deducted, assuming you scored higher than all other applicants in your chosen trade, then you will be top of the list for selection for the next vacancy. In the event you are not top, but there are vacancies in your second option, then you will be offered that particular trade first, if you are top in that group. Question is- Do you feel lucky holding out for the job you want?

The thing to remember is that someone taking AIB & FATs before you but scoring lower is less likely to get selected, however those that follow scoring higher, will be selected before you.

The other thing to bear in mind is that, for example, we could have 100 people pass selection, but only ten jobs. Some simply do not get selected during the validity of their AIB & FATs "pass".

Congratulations, best thing to do is to telephone the Officer Selection Officer, the number will be on the latter you will get shortly confirming your AIB pass, he will be able to give you some idea of how long you have to wait before call up.

Once again congratulations, and remember, the hard work has only just begun!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Charity donation marks successful project restart MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fish start to spawn again after successful restoration work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Successful bid for funds to plant thousands of trees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to heads: Let's have a successful 2020 exam series MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK’s largest UN mission draws to a close after four successful years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Boost to successful government rough sleeping programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RFA Mounts Bay conducts successful casualty evacuation and search and rescue mission MoD News 0
A Changing role after successful selection interview Joining the Royal Navy 16
MoD_RSS Successful start for Sellafield repackaging mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England unveils successful air quality and innovation competition entries MoD News 0
J Successful Medical Appeal: Eczema, Hyperhidrosis, Vitamin D deficiency, Shin Splints. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
E Successful Medical Appeal Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Law firm ceases trading following successful OISC prosecution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: DIT leads successful Trade Mission to China and Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Successful workshop on assessment of jelly mini-cups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: More than £2 billion Brexit preparation funding awarded to departments for a successful EU exit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Successful cyber security relies on strength of our partnerships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK Forces return home after successful NATO exercise MoD News 0
Maxpowers Medical apeal successful? Joining the Royal Navy 13
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister announces successful first firings of Sea Ceptor missiles to... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Joint Forces Command enjoy successful military exercise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Successful Armed Forces employment programme extended MoD News 0
J Any successful logistics officers out there? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
finknottle The road to a successful interview. The Gash Barge 0
BFRS Managing successful programmes (msp®) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Managing successful programmes (msp®) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Managing Successful Programmes® The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS HMS Westminster returns from successful Middle East mission Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS HMS Dragon celebrates successful Sea Viper trials Current Affairs 0
soleil What is the secret of successful tenpin bowling? Sports and Adventure Training 11
soleil "HMS Montrose leaves for sea trials after successful refit" The Fleet 2
M Anyone been successful in claiming a War Pension for Emphsem Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
T Famous/successful ex-Royal Navy people The Quarterdeck 103
L WO2 Tiffs - How Successful? The Fleet 22
R Issues with waiting times for AIB and lack of communication from AFCO Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
P AIB wait for priority roles Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS CMA letter to AIB NI on a breach of Directions given under the SME Banking Undertakings MoD News 0
G AIB Joining the Royal Navy 11
SeaBiscuit RFA Officer Cadet Interview and AIB RFA 1
T Officer Inreview Questions Pre-AIB Joining the Royal Navy 1
C AIB revision Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
R Selection after AIB Joining the Royal Navy 1
D Warfare Officer AIB Feb 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
S AIB fail - join RNR? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S Failed AIB - 12 months wait to retry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
A AIB waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 64
O Aircrew AIB - February 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 1
J How soon after AIB (FAA) is the Aircrew Medical? Joining the Royal Navy 1
A Failed AIB - Considering Rating route Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5