Success! So far...

Hi all. I had my interview today! I was pretty nervous until i sat down and my interviewer reassured me that it's not all that formal. I passed anyway, which was a relief!
Mostly it was like a chat, we had a laugh anyway. I didn't have to name a photo of a ship, but i did have to give a few examples of ships and namedrop a few. I mentioned the RFA Wave Ruler as it has been in the news, and i think he was impressed with that.
Overall i just came across as myself but i was focusing on being positive and on what i can learn. I think it was good because he said i have a good attitude. Anyway, if anyone else is worried about their interview- don't be! Just make sure you know stuff like how long basic training is, where phase two training is, make sure you're able to portray why you want to join in a positive manner. That's about it, it's quite fun really!

He did say afterwards that his one concern is that i'm 'quite slight'. I'm not that big, but i'd say about average lady-size. I'm stronger than i look though after years of weights and push ups and suchlike. I might post again soon with medical queries!

Congratulations, I remember my interview for the reserves, had a good laugh with the chief doing it and put me at ease. They're not there to drive you away but to check you're the right material.

Have you decided on which branch to join?

dondon

MIA
dave_the_rave said:
Congratulations, I remember my interview for the reserves, had a good laugh with the chief doing it and put me at ease. They're not there to drive you away but to check you're the right material.

Have you decided on which branch to join?
Love your Avatar , dont tell em Pike , Classic , :lol:

Hi, i'm joining as a Stoker (if they want me!).

Yeah, i realise now that of course they will always want people with good attitudes to join, they couldn't possibly want to turn me away if they offered me the interview in the first place. Nerves make you unreasonalble though!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Ventilator Challenge hailed a success as UK production finishes MoD News 1
MoD_RSS First ‘Foodbank Thursday’ success for new response team MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A trial using nature to help reduce flood risk hailed a success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Project lays foundations for success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rochdale firm enjoys exporting success thanks to UKEF support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New study confirms success of MenB vaccine in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Inspector warns against pursuing success without substance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rural Crime Week proves a big success across Tees Valley MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid-funded mine clearance success in Angola to be repeated in Zimbabwe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £50 million to back British athletes to Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Celebrating success – nominations open for Highways England awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield success can be a launchpad for northern growth, says report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Another success for the government’s voter ID pilots: 22 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield clean-up contract wins extension after string of success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM calls for international cooperation to create the foundations for success in the Western Balkans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Continued success in parents securing their top picks of school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bottles of success for water filter business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Welsh company receives Board of Trade Award for exporting success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: NCGI success at the GSE Geography in Government Awards 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Welsh company receives Board of Trade Award for exporting success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The race is on! Showcase your success stories at the National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Liam Fox highlights British Investment success at Mansion House Speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: British success stories Wallace & Gromit and Peaky Blinders to feature in next generation entertainment experiences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Queen’s Awards success for businesses backed by Innovate UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Small business shines light on success of automatic enrolment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Education Secretary thanks school leaders for academy success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Sir Alan Duncan speech on Kazakhstan success with UNSC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl's first virtual reality collaboration is a success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 250 HS2 apprentices on track for success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Chief Secretary, Liz Truss toasts the flavour of success in Suffolk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Success of Northern Powerhouse Export Champions celebrated at Export Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Making a success of Brexit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ideas Mean Business: young innovators enjoy success 6 months on MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Making a success of Brexit MoD News 0
W Success Rate for Sixth Form Sponsorship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS News story: Batch Brew bottles export success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Welfare reform success with 54,000 benefit cap households taking on more work MoD News 0
Y Application Success and Some General Queries RFA 7
vauxhall Another Success for Commission Officer Supplements Finance & Pensions 0
H AIB Prep - What are the keys to success? Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS News story: UK team returns following major success at the Invictus Games MoD News 0
vauxhall Another pensions success Finance & Pensions 1
vauxhall A success story Finance & Pensions 1
MoD_RSS News story: X-Forces strengthens Covenant commitment to create more business success stories MoD News 0
S Medical appeal success... CP4. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
Ninja_Stoker "Tornado crap" RAF admit after runway bombing success shocker Diamond Lil's 8
MoD_RSS News story: Graduates key to success of Beacon Barracks development MoD News 0
C Aircrewman application success rate - improving?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil WM. News: 'British Troops Have Paid A High Price For Partial Success In Afghanistan' MoD News 0
S Milford Haven waterway training exercise hailed a success Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0