Subs on ORT

Trouble

Midshipman
Can anyone tell me what I am entitled to claim for on JPA. I am away on ORT in a warmer climate very shortly. I will be on Ship alongside, though I will have to spend a night either side in a hotel. Any advice on exactly what can be claimed would be much appriciated, as no-one seems to be able to give me a definate answer, and I'm sure I have not claimed in the past for things I may have been eligible for. Help :lol:
 

jesse650

War Hero
the best person to speak to is your writer/chief writer.......or if still in doubt see your SM......yes! he/she who controls the purse strings.....

they should be able to tell you exactly what you can and cannot claim for.
 
A

angrydoc

Guest
Claim overnight subsistence - you'll need an approval reference and the hotel will need to be booked though formal channels (CHBS in UK, not sure about international arrangements - check with your travel people). On JPA the top option is expenses - pretty self-explanatory how to claim back the money. The good thing about JPA is that the cash will be in your account within a few days of you submitting your claim. If you'll be alongside for a while you may also be able to claim LOA but, as Jessie said, check with your Writers / Ship's Office (if necessary the Ship's Office of the Ship you're joining).
 

noemis

Lantern Swinger
Trouble said:
Can anyone tell me what I am entitled to claim for on JPA. I am away on ORT in a warmer climate very shortly. I will be on Ship alongside, though I will have to spend a night either side in a hotel. Any advice on exactly what can be claimed would be much appriciated, as no-one seems to be able to give me a definate answer, and I'm sure I have not claimed in the past for things I may have been eligible for. Help :lol:
Thought you meant ORT on Subs!!

DOH!!!!
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Trouble said:
Sorry to be thick but what is LOA?
Local Overseas Allowance - its designed, I think, to compensate Jack for the fact that beer and bg eats are, in certain ports, more expensive than in Pompey! I'm sure someone from the White Mafia will be along sometime to give the official explanation. :)
 
Just remember to get receipts for EVERYTHING!!! You will need to ask restaurants for your own bill, and you can only claim £21 a day.

I lost out here by not getting receipts for occasions where 16 of us went out for food, and the restaurant refused to give us sep bills. Such is life.

If your bill is over £500 it will require manual intervention by UPO and will take longer than 3 days to get to your bank, UNLESS your UPO is very very good.

Oh and if you get audited, you have to take your receipts to the Unit, together with a printout of your Claim on JPA (even better if your JPA terminal is linked to a printer, which ours isnt!)

Have fun and good luck!!
 

Shakey

War Hero
Can't you claim a small sum per day for a newspaper, phone call etc?

If so, how do you claim that?
 
Ask the shop for a receipt! You'll need a receipt from your mobile fone bill too.

I personally wouldnt bother claiming for that. as you'd probably have those expenses at home anyway.

The idea is claim for stuff which you have to pay yourself, which you normally wouldn't... ie hotel bills, taxi fares etc. (try getting a Spanish Taxi driver to give you a receipt - its fun!)
 

Uncle_Albert

War Hero
I quote from a handy guide I got hold of, dated April 2006.

1. New subsistence package comes into effect today (Apr 06).

2. Day subsistence; up to 21 pounds per day, replacing "Essential Expenses" and "Daily Rates of Subsistence Allowance". Person must be travelling for over 5 hours continuously where service food is not available. Keep receipts, retain for 12 months.

3. Incidental Expenses; up to 5 pounds per day, replacing Personnel Incidental Expenses and Mess Incidental Expenses. Covers expenses incurred when staying overnight in a hotel of temporary service accom. Limited to laundry/dry cleaning, a three minute phone call and a newspaper. Keep receipts for 12 months.

4. Night Subsistence; up to 53 pounds per day if not booked via CHBS (Central Hotel Booking Service), replaces Night Rates of Subsistence Allowance. Payable when staying in a hotel for service reasons. Day subsistence claimed as above for lunch/evening meal costs. Non-availability of Service Accom chit required, hotels normally booked via UPO. Keep receipts for 12 months.

Hope this clears things up a bit.
 

polab

Midshipman
Northern_Part_timer said:
The idea is claim for stuff which you have to pay yourself, which you normally wouldn't... ie hotel bills, taxi fares etc. (try getting a Spanish Taxi driver to give you a receipt - its fun!)
"Receiptio, pour favour!"

If that doesnt work, introduce their face to the game of golf.

:twisted:
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
polab said:
Northern_Part_timer said:
The idea is claim for stuff which you have to pay yourself, which you normally wouldn't... ie hotel bills, taxi fares etc. (try getting a Spanish Taxi driver to give you a receipt - its fun!)
"Receiptio, pour favour!"
I got bollocked years ago by my boss for not having a full set of receipts from a business trip to Japan (I'd been told in advance of my trip by a different manager that only hotel receipts would be required) - my answer, was "You try asking for receipts in Japanese then!" - after he'd stumbled over "Ryoshusho o kudasai" a few times he gave up and signed off the expenses.
 
FlagWagger said:
polab said:
Northern_Part_timer said:
The idea is claim for stuff which you have to pay yourself, which you normally wouldn't... ie hotel bills, taxi fares etc. (try getting a Spanish Taxi driver to give you a receipt - its fun!)
"Receiptio, pour favour!"
I got bollocked years ago by my boss for not having a full set of receipts from a business trip to Japan (I'd been told in advance of my trip by a different manager that only hotel receipts would be required) - my answer, was "You try asking for receipts in Japanese then!" - after he'd stumbled over "Ryoshusho o kudasai" a few times he gave up and signed off the expenses.
It is more fun to get the receiipts handwritten in japanese or chinese if appropriate.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Midget Subs talk at the UJC Submariners 2
vauxhall Membership Subs to increase by £1 Finance & Pensions 0
J Subs info Submariners 14
Dave batley ETWE on a skimmer or change to subs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
S branch Transfer from GS to Subs... whats the process? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
S Main differences between the Subs and the surface fleet? Submariners 16
drewfester Cooking oil used on Subs Bases / Shore Est 9
soleil Sco. Dly Record: "Valiant Jetty Designed To Berth Nuclear Subs Successfully Trialled" Submariners 0
G mini subs 1940's History 0
Z Post-war submersibles (X-Craft / midget subs, SDVs, scooters...)- 1950s-70s History 5
soleil Herald: "Retiring: The Expert Who Parks Subs And Aircraft Carriers" Bases / Shore Est 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Nuclear subs will stay in Scotland, Royal Navy chiefs decide Submariners 7
soleil Sydney Morning Herald: "Sea Change - Mixed Bunks On Subs" Submariners 5
soleil Scotsman: "Navy Needs Four Nuclear Subs Or Defence Will Be At Risk, Warns Liam Fox" Submariners 5
soleil NWE Mail: Navy’s Squadron Of Subs Starts To Sink In Numbers Submariners 0
W Subs or Surface Fleet? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 76
soleil Wirral Forges Links w. First Of Britain's 21st Century Subs Submariners 2
soleil North-West Evening Mail: "Call For Dual-Purpose Subs" Submariners 13
D Applying for the Subs and RFA question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S Pearl Harbour - Mystery of the killer subs The Quarterdeck 0
S Pearl Harbour - Mystery of the killer subs Submariners 0
soleil Gn: "Safety Plan rejected but Nuclear Subs berthed round UK" Submariners 0
Carcass Have female MOs been on subs?? Submariners 15
B Keeping fit on Subs Submariners 20
B Life in the Subs Submariners 16
L sports in subs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
L Marine Engineer - Subs or Ships? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
golden_rivet why women should stop paying their RAFA subs right now Nearest & Dearest 1
M CT equivalent on subs? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
soleil Sunday Herald (Scot.): "Fire fears for nuclear subs" Submariners 2
soleil "U.S. Navy ‘moving aggressively’ to allow women on subs" Submariners 96
soleil Cuts put a question mark over R-R contract to maintain subs Submariners 0
Nick_Rueth Subs...erm i mean 'boats'..or is it 'submarine'? nethermind Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
jesse R.As and subs! Diamond Lil's 8
wet_blobby Woops... 2 nuke subs crash Current Affairs 74
S shall i swap over to subs???????? Submariners 24
wingnut US Navy Mans Two Nuclear Subs with Women Submariners 25
Rum-dooer Subs scores Submariners 14
M Weapons Engineering Officer Subs, or Surface. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
X Warfare officer transfer to subs Submariners 11
D 2 new subs ordered? Submariners 2
W Medical Assistant - Subs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
PartTimePongo Warning as nuke subs come back Current Affairs 17
P Ships or Subs ? Diamond Lil's 10
Chicogiz LADYS ON SUBS Submariners 68
creddly Giving the Subs a thought! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
L women on subs The Quarterdeck 128
P Subs or Surface? Help please! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
Shakey British subs linked to trawler sinking. Current Affairs 21
A Tories call for new nuclear subs Current Affairs 47
Similar threads


















































New Posts

Top