Subs info

I'm currently a phase 2 trainee ME. I'm surface but thinking of going subs as I'm from Glasgow to be based at faslane. Another reason is I do not what to do 9 months at sea. I know certaihn subs do 3 months on but I was wondering what A and T boats do? Any information would be great

Jim, just an idea, but if you are in Sultan, why not look around for a sundodger or two and just ask them? You'll probably get a better answer from asking a few of them.

Faslavatory is great if you come from nearby - I'm from the Burg!

And it's boats - you get subs in a famous sandwich chain!

I'm currently a phase 2 trainee ME. I'm surface but thinking of going subs as I'm from Glasgow to be based at faslane. Another reason is I do not what to do 9 months at sea. I know certaihn subs do 3 months on but I was wondering what A and T boats do? Any information would be great
For a phase 2 trainee at Sultan to be asking this question on and open forum beggars belief. There will be a plethora of information available to you at Sultan.

Speak to anyone at ETICC or any Submariner on course and I'm sure they'll give you a sensible and un-biased opinion...

Seriously, you are in the best place for information of this kind; go to ETICC, knock on the door and ask the question!

Sumo

War Hero
For a phase 2 trainee at Sultan to be asking this question on and open forum beggars belief. There will be a plethora of information available to you at Sultan.
Well he is trying to become a stoker GS where for thought and planning not really required, if he wants to change to SM, he had better book his ideas up.

Latest Threads