Subs info

I'm currently a phase 2 trainee ME. I'm surface but thinking of going subs as I'm from Glasgow to be based at faslane. Another reason is I do not what to do 9 months at sea. I know certaihn subs do 3 months on but I was wondering what A and T boats do? Any information would be great

Jim, just an idea, but if you are in Sultan, why not look around for a sundodger or two and just ask them? You'll probably get a better answer from asking a few of them.

Faslavatory is great if you come from nearby - I'm from the Burg!

And it's boats - you get subs in a famous sandwich chain!

I'm currently a phase 2 trainee ME. I'm surface but thinking of going subs as I'm from Glasgow to be based at faslane. Another reason is I do not what to do 9 months at sea. I know certaihn subs do 3 months on but I was wondering what A and T boats do? Any information would be great
For a phase 2 trainee at Sultan to be asking this question on and open forum beggars belief. There will be a plethora of information available to you at Sultan.

Speak to anyone at ETICC or any Submariner on course and I'm sure they'll give you a sensible and un-biased opinion...

Seriously, you are in the best place for information of this kind; go to ETICC, knock on the door and ask the question!

Sumo

War Hero
For a phase 2 trainee at Sultan to be asking this question on and open forum beggars belief. There will be a plethora of information available to you at Sultan.
Well he is trying to become a stoker GS where for thought and planning not really required, if he wants to change to SM, he had better book his ideas up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Current Affairs 47
Mongo Submariners 7
andym History 13