Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Submiss = Argentinian Submarine San Juan

And HMS Protector, we putting out an olive branch or is it politics aside for the sake of the sailors?
I thought when it came to submarine safety it was always politics aside, barring all out war!!!
Just hope it ends well and the sailors are alive.
Not anywhere near the same scale as this incident. I was part of a huge NATO exercise when a German 206 fired a red grenade. Ex stopped and all air assets scrambled to get the crew off. She surfaced, fire on board with a severe list. However it ended well. All crew safe. End of the day thats what counts.

Sundodgers worldwide will know the stress the families of the crew of San Juan will be experiencing right now, and I join all those with crossed fingers for a positive outcome.
If they're able to do so, I'm sure the crew will be doing all they can to resolve the situation, so let's keep hoping for the best.
btw : I agree with Anchor Faced re Waspie's dit - BZ!

Watching, waiting and hoping. Situation had been on my mind since
the event was called. Noticed that it was given a 20 second news bite
on Breakfast TV this morning.
HMS PROTECTOR tasked as previously stated.
I feel for all those families shoreside and I know that us ex or serving
sundodgers have had images flash through their minds as to what
may have happened.....and we all truly hope that we're wrong.

Mac.

The Argentine Foreign Ministry said in a statement that numerous foreign governments had offered "logistical help and an exchange of information for this humanitarian search".

Argentina accepted an offer from the United States for a NASA P-3 explorer aircraft, which had been stationed in the southern city of Ushuaia and was preparing to depart to Antarctica, to make an exploratory flight over the search area, Mr Balbi said.

A Hercules C-130 from the Argentine Air Force was also flying over the operational area. Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Britain and South Africa had also formally offered assistance.

A Chilean aircraft was on its way to join the search.

Last edited:
I'm now thinking that if she is on the bottom air supply and cleansing must be, if not exhausted, nearly so. She has not been heard from since Wednesday morning.

Time: 02:00 GMT. 19th Nov 2017.

(Latest as of 50 minutes ago).

Emergency signals believed to have come from Argentina's missing naval submarine ARA San Juan have been detected.

Argentina's defence ministry said seven failed "satellite calls" were detected in a likely sign the submarine crew of 44 was trying to re-establish contact.

The calls, believed to be from the ARA San Juan, lasted between four and 36 seconds in the late morning and early afternoon, the ministry said.

I hope the crew from ARA San Juan are found and a successful rescue is made if god forbid needed. keep regular checking for updates. May Godspeed be with the crew.

Latest Threads