Submiss = Argentinian Submarine San Juan

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Perhaps someone more up to date than I am can comment on some of the "facts" be put out about the Boat.

1. 33 year old Boat still meant to have a diving depth of around 1000 feet?

2. Enough oxygen to last for around 7 days.

From my own time in D/E Boats I would be suprised if these figs. were accurate, any observations?

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I think it's now too late.

Meanwhile the undisciplined leaking of unsubstantiated stuff about satellite comms and banging noises etc, all of which have turned out to be irrelevant, must make life much worse for the families.

WreckerL

War Hero
I've no idea what escape equipment is fitted but 230ft (as reported) is easy to escape from ,if they have the same set up as RN boats.

MG Maniac

War Hero
I've no idea what escape equipment is fitted but 230ft (as reported) is easy to escape from ,if they have the same set up as RN boats.
DM quoted that the RN Sub emergency escape team is en route! Mind with the reported 8 metre swell in the area I wouldn't fancy leaping into that!

Waspie

War Hero
If you click on the link it takes you to the original, top right hand side on my PC asks if you want to translate.

If you can't do that it basically says that they have discounted that contact and are back to square one.
That's not so good news. Its not looking good for a successful rescue. Still - fingers crossed, its never over till its over. I'm sure the search will have resumed with vigour.

Latest Threads