Submarines Fires Report Released

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by trelawney126, Jul 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a load of shite! A total non story - for arguments sake 10 small (ie lagging or fuse panel) events a year over the entire s/m fleet. Probably even includes welsding incidents during AMPs or refits. Total waste of printing ink and wodpulp.

2. I'd be more interested to know how many head bumps occur. They're really sore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That's feck all! Have you ever had Hatch Rash? Especially during a "flip flop blow out on the way back from the shower" scenario?

4. With the typical ignorance expected of your Pongo cousins I insist on reading 'Hatch Rash' as a euphemism for bottomy, and therefore my response is *chortle*.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It is indeed. Although to be fair, in the crabmariner world the pain sustained from dragging one's shins down the metal hatch coaming at the top of the mess ladder must take the mind from the painful sustained from one's anus being ripped open from hot bunking during a sub-surface deployment... :oops:

6. What's a shower?

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's a conundrum as to what hurts the most. Not realising someone has raised the WT door an inch or so and smacking your shin on it or not realising it's been lowered and head butting the doorway, Scraping the shin or bonce makes the pain linger IMO, either way the rubber seal may help with watertight integrity but is feck all use as a cushion.

A T class skin removal device
    [​IMG]