Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

SUBMARINERS TALES!!!!

========================================================

========================================================

I found a couple of AFD 59/60 dits here: Floating Dock - Ships Nostalgia

<<...AFD 60's unoficial badge was the God Poseidon with his Trident in one hand and an old bomber in the other, I also know that when they carried out a nuclear docking they played the theme tune to Monty Pythons Flying Circus through the PA !!!...>>

IIRC I feel sure that tunes did blare out whilst docking/undocking; but I think that the Monty Python theme was only one of AFD 60's Dockmaster's repertoire.

An old submarine dit, lookout says to OOW, permission to use the pigs ear sir, OOW, its not a Pigs ear it’s a tundish, when they go below the lookout knocks on the wardroom curtain, sticks his head through and says to the ex OOW can I have a word in your tundish sir. For none dodgers, the pigs ear was a funnel on the top of fin with a pipe going down to the casing, pissing in for the use of.

All six of my boats have gone to that great scrap yard in the sky, Alliance, Aeneas, Cachalot, Grampus, Swiftsure and Revenge. But then again I am an old age pensioner (but I don't look it) as I keep telling the wife.

The creepiness of a silent, dead diesel boat tied up alongside a disused floating dock.
Oh the adventures they had, the stories they tell and the places they went. All back
in the past - but these tales remain sharp and fresh in the memories of those that
still exude the faint aroma of diesel fuel from within their own flesh and bones.

attachment.php
Where and when was that taken. Looks very familiar but time fades the memory?

Where and when was that taken. Looks very familiar but time fades the memory?

Corner of 5 basin in Guzz. Just to the right of the brick building at the back is the entrance to Drake, other side of the brick building is Weston Mill Lake. Must have been taken in the 80's as the gate to Drake has long gone, it's a straight through road now. Sickbay and dental was just the other side of the gate.

Corner of 5 basin in Guzz. Just to the right of the brick building at the back is the entrance to Drake, other side of the brick building is Weston Mill Lake. Must have been taken in the 80's as the gate to Drake has long gone, it's a straight through road now. Sickbay and dental was just the other side of the gate.
By the old refit place then. Could be my old boat Onslaught, she came out shortly after I left in 78.
Tin Head Ted was the refit skipper at the time.

Latest Threads