Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

SUBMARINERS TALES!!!!

attachment.php

I don't know how to describe it, but to me retired submarines have a 'stillness' to them that surface ships lack. There is something more sombre and sad to me looking at those vessels than looking at a ship graveyard.

God knows why, but am I alone in this peculiar thought?

I don't know how to describe it, but to me retired submarines have a 'stillness' to them that surface ships lack. There is something more sombre and sad to me looking at those vessels than looking at a ship graveyard.

Not really, I know what you mean, 5 of the boats I've been on have ended up this way, 2 more to go :(

Let us not forget about DOLPHIN - it too is decommisioned, shut down and virtually abandoned apart from a few scab lifters.

Flymo, the reactor cores have been removed and sent off to Cumbria. I think they send them there to try and genetically modify the locals into something approaching human form.

Flymo, the reactor cores have been removed and sent off to Cumbria. I think they send them there to try and genetically modify the locals into something approaching human form.

There is a challenge to far, for much braver men than us, living in the countries longest cul-de-sac as caused problems;-P:);-P

The creepiness of a silent, dead diesel boat tied up alongside a disused floating dock.
Oh the adventures they had, the stories they tell and the places they went. All back
in the past - but these tales remain sharp and fresh in the memories of those that
still exude the faint aroma of diesel fuel from within their own flesh and bones.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest Threads