Submariners' Association - Annual Memorial Service - November 3rd 2013

soleil

War Hero
2013 Embankment Parade

3rd November 2013

Annual Memorial Service 2013

This years Remembrance Parade will take place on the Embankment in London on the 3rd of November and the venue will be as in the past HMS President.
Platoons are to fall in on the roadway opposite President at 09:55.
Those branches who have ordered wreaths can pick them up from the end of the gangway prior to falling in.
The service commences at the memorial at 10:30 and on completion RASM will take the salute on the return march to President.
For those who have guests please ensure that they are at the memorial prior to the platoons arrive at the memorial.

For those who have time please visit the Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey to look at the plot for the Submariners association which is on the left near the visitors centre.

John Wood Esq
Vice Chairman
Submariners Association

[HR][/HR]

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Gutted I can't be there,however my first year as poppy appeal organiser for our area comes first.....

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

:
:
Very well attended, especially by the serving contingents who outnumbered the S/M Vets by far - I'd guess it gives 'em a rare run ashore in the Smoke.

The SA's new Padre, Rev. Paul Jupp ex-S/M WEA, then SD S/M WEO, conducted a grand service in the bright sunshine & a stiff westerly chilling breeze.

As the Parade marched/bimbled off from the Memorial to the strains of the RM Band a trio from Cornwall approached separately to lay an additional wreath; two Army and one RAF Officer. The latter was wearing a set of Dolphins and, when interrogated, he explained that he'd earned them as an RN Log O before transferring to the Crabs. No problem side-stepping at that level, the Logs SM shortage is obviously much further down their food chain.

Having castigated him for his youthful foolishness I felt duty bound to reward them all for venturing forth from pixie-land with a slug 'o Pussers Rum from my hip flask before limping away to re-join my own group.

We then spent a pleasant couple of hours at the Uxbridge RNA on the way back south but saw no sign of RR's Black Rat. (Absent for a Re-Qual on vital cellar duties perhaps?)

Oh, BTW - There was also one female girl lady woman out on this Submariner's Association Parade :shock: !!

She explained to me afterwards that she was a regular RNA Standard Bearer and had turned out with her Dad who was with her as his own SA Branch's Standard Bearer. Told her to bring her sister along next year, too! Before I could inquire further her Pa told me to put her down and dragged her away - But not before I'd also rewarded her with a slug of pusser's rum. (Damned good job this c/s had a pair of Hip Flasks about his person - Foolhardy not to on such occasions!)

So BZ to the Organisers and all the others who attended.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
janner Submariners Association Conference. Submariners 8
R Submariners Association Submariners 13
N Submariners Association Branch in Spain Submariners 7
BillyNoMates "Profile"(Submariners Association of Canada) History 3
Nigaramus Trying to Re-establish branch of the Submariners Association Submariners 0
aaaaa Submariners Association Submariners 7
P Ex crab applying to the submariners .... (dont hate me) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 80
soleil Plymouth Live: "Royal Navy Submariners Face Toughest Seafaring Test" Submariners 9
R Submariners. The Quarterdeck 15
janner We Remember Submariners. Submariners 16
klgreload Pay after phase 2 submariners. Finance & Pensions 7
A How long are medical assistant deployments for submariners ? Joining the Royal Navy 3
D Rum Ration . Have the Submariners subsumed it? The Gash Barge 25
janner Submariners Remembrance 2017 Submariners 8
NeedForTweed Submariners look at life course Jan 2017 Joining the Royal Navy 0
R Women submariners? Writer? Joining the Royal Navy 9
E submariners help Joining the Royal Navy 1
E submariners help! Submariners 5
ArmyFlying Royal Navy Submarines: A WW2 Submariners Story Submariners 0
ArmyFlying Royal Navy Submarines: A WW2 Submariners Story History 0
PedlarP RAN to offer Submariners up to $50,000 incentives Submariners 22
D Looking for new submariners wags Submariners 9
janner We Remember Submariners. Submariners 1
M Post for submariners on deployment Submariners 1
G submariners Submariners 18
G Submariners Home Leave. Current Affairs 11
C A few questions? (Submariners) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
soleil "Submariners Set For Zombie Challenge" Submariners 7
slim One for the Submariners........Pocket SINS Current Affairs 8
oberon Diesel Boat Submariners DTS 2013 Social & Reunions 4
soleil BBC: "Submariners Punished For Drunken Misconduct" Submariners 22
soleil BFBS: "Submariners Weigh Up Health Message" Submariners 0
Z Question about my eligibility to join Submariners (dual nationality concern) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Herald: "Submariners To Hold A Service Of Remembrance" Submariners 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Submariners help marine Submariners 2
angry_mac Submariners, bunch of ******* pricks The Gash Barge 113
trelawney126 All Submariners to be taught Welsh Submariners 51
T Submariners' stories. Submariners 50
Seaweed Submariners' Memorial - Westminster Abbey Cloisters Submariners 5
janner Exploits of an X Craft Submariners Submariners 1
M Submariners not allowed to transfer to GS? Submariners 10
R Female Submariners Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
soleil Pompey News: "Submariners Wanted By Gosport Museum To Share Their War Stories" Submariners 0
ForcesJobShop Emplyment Opportunity: Submarine Engineers & Submariners The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
oldseadog Blyth: Submariners Service of Remembrance Submariners 0
soleil Courier (Dundee): "Dundee Service Honours Submariners' Sacrifice" Submariners 0
A Hello all you submariners :) Submariners 8
soleil Mail: "Why Submariners Are Prone To That Stinking Feeling" Submariners 5
soleil BFBS: "Submariners From HMS Talent Win Trophy" Submariners 2
janner Submariners Poetry Submariners 1