Submariners and black caps

K640

War Hero
Wearing of black caps/cap covers is now being delayed because (as already alluded to in this thread) they forgot about female Officers/SRs.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Update from 1SL on the abolition of 3’s. Galaxy 08-2021 basically says it’s not going to happen and 3’s here to stay for now. New rig being released in a couple of months to Kipion units first.
Wearing of black caps/cap covers is now being delayed because (as already alluded to in this thread) they forgot about female Officers/SRs.
Two interesting posts.

I am aware of a number of people, of all genders, ranks and rates, who are not keen on dumping No3 dress. The Captain of RAL put all officers and SR back into 3's, in apparent contravention of the instructions from Whale Island. Perhaps the "revolution" from a pretty significant establishment turned some heads, and some minds?

The tricorn thing is also a point. Female officers I have chatted to hate the intended new cap. I think its a bit American, but my opinion is hardly relevant here. Ironically the introduction of the new female Off/SR cap negates @alfred_the_great 's point about tricorn covers not being available.

As has been said upthread; a whirlwind of "transformation ideas" against "deliverable and sensible". I despair, I really do.

RAL are back in PCS after summer leave. No 3’s are still being issued to classes in week 5. No foul weather jackets though.

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
Two interesting posts.

I am aware of a number of people, of all genders, ranks and rates, who are not keen on dumping No3 dress. The Captain of RAL put all officers and SR back into 3's, in apparent contravention of the instructions from Whale Island. Perhaps the "revolution" from a pretty significant establishment turned some heads, and some minds?

The tricorn thing is also a point. Female officers I have chatted to hate the intended new cap. I think its a bit American, but my opinion is hardly relevant here. Ironically the introduction of the new female Off/SR cap negates @alfred_the_great 's point about tricorn covers not being available.

As has been said upthread; a whirlwind of "transformation ideas" against "deliverable and sensible". I despair, I really do.
Certainly similar to the NYFD.....

Jack

pompeyexpat

War Hero
So now he has a black cap the order to wear PCS all the time has been rescinded?
Hypocrisy stalks Whale Island, I fear.

I suspect the change of tack on 3’s did not come from 2SL, rather it hadn’t been bought into by everyone before the intention to ditch them was leaked.

But, while I wasn’t included in the dist of the original email I’m told the hold on wearing black caps dis come from 2SL - clearly he just forgot he wrote that.