submariner

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by woody678, Nov 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi im hoping to go into the royal navy as a submariner, but was wondering if they still do the look at life with the potential submariners, and if i was to go in (which im really looking forward to) what would happen if i really cant cope with it as have never done anything like that before.

2. Dont know whether they do a specific look at life as a submariner, but if you get on one in Scotland theres a good chance you'll go and see one. As for wondering whether you can do it, you will never know unless you try.
    It is not as daunting a task as you think, it just takes a bit more hard work and a little longer in training that the general service.
    The pay is worth the extra, as well as the knowledge that we are a cut above the rest, even if we are below them in the water.

3. yes very true may aswell go for it, my girlfriend is going to hate me i mean dont you go away for around 6-10 months? cheers for help already

4. It's just like sitting in your front room, but with curved walls/ceiling and crap decorations and the great smell of nukes. Well, ish. And at least you are REALLY close to work - you can walk to work in about a minute!
    But, if you don't like being enclosed in lifts or small rooms, or the thought of being X hundreds of metres underwater, then give it a miss!
    VERY unusual to be away for 6 to 8 months, unless supporting a skimmer task force, in which case the family can usually come out for a visit at some stage.

Enjoy! :lol:

5. thanks the more i read about this the better it sounds which careers are you in and i can be quite active with the gym it says theirs something resembling a gym on board the subs but whats it actually like?? and just found out the pay packet wow thats good lol

6. Generally a rowing machine, exercise bike and weights. If your in :) to long distance running forget it

7. If your gym is full of torpedoes (though we call them weapons)!!

8. nope thats fine dont really like endurance thanks for all your help what are all of your trades im going for marine engineering

9. Ex-ME personally

10. I think my avatar gives it away a bit

11. good lad stokers are the salt of the earth
    an old/very old Warrant officer MEM(SM) once called me into his office for a bollocking because i wasnt the best in the class (smq) and i was a stoker so i should be this is what he said.
    "if the world lost all the doctors what would happen?"
    i replied "more people would die"
    he then said "if the world lost all its stokers what would happen?"
    I replied"erm uhm not sure sir"
    he said "the world would stop rotating sonny because stokers are the sand in the dessert and the salt in the sea goodbye stokes."
    at wich i walked out thinking what the fcuk just happened
    but ill never forget those words

12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You are aware that Submariners are notorious lunatics?

13. And remember - se(a)men is what comes out of stokers cocks :D

14. We happen to be the sanest in the fle........SQUIRRELS

15. we are the sanest just look at that TRUE statement from my ex WOMEM
    do you realise how hard it is to type while rocking back and forth on my
    sally what are you doing here my hands are always dirty i must wash them for the ooohhh hello john havent heard from you for a while

16. Or very cold riders :?

17. Blackrat

The Prosecution rests M'Lud.

18. i dont mind im bit loopy anyhow lol have i sent off my application but did i have to put sm after the marine engineering because if i did then wooops.

19. In my experience people who claim to be loopy really aren't, those who adamantly deny it generally are

20. Blackrat

Agreed. And those who put "Lol" in messages should be shot through the forward torpedo tubes.