Submariner

Hi i was just wondering if i joined the submarine service soon as i turn 16 at what age would i be working on one?. and how long is the training?

Thanks , chicogiz

once you have finished your part 1 and part 2 training if you volunteer for submarines you would then do your submarine training at Raliegh followed by your SMQ. All that will take you more than a year but you will still be on a boat before you are 18.

subset said:
once you have finished your part 1 and part 2 training if you volunteer for submarines you would then do your submarine training at Raliegh followed by your SMQ. All that will take you more than a year but you will still be on a boat before you are 18.
Thanks i just didnt want to wait like 5 years just to get on one but if im on before 18 thats ok.

You're not allowed to do SETT until you are at least 16 and a half...and when you get on a boat, you have to be 18 to be in a 'compliment' billet. Basically you'll occupy a training billet until you're 18 - this means that in the event of war, only grown ups go...apparently!! 8)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skyvet Nautical Jokes 18
D Submariners 13
M Submariners 83