Submariner quiery?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Fisheggz, Oct 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All,

I have heard varying things on the amount of time submariners spend at sea? I have been told by an navy reservist that they do 3 months assigned to the bout 3 months stand by then 3 months off but would like clarification as I cant see the 3 months off being very likely :p

2. Depends on the type of running the Boat does could be day running (in and out of port every couple of days, trials, work up etc.) Weeks or months + if deployed to the far flung.

Could be along side for acouple of hours (for stores or people transfer) Days or months (maintainance) acouple of years or so for refit.

Everyones different could be any or all of the above.
  3. Sounds like your reservist is describing the patrol cycle for the 2 crew bombers.

Doesn't happen like that on SSN's. What's the reservist submarine experience?
  4. He has bugger all experiance with sumbarines as far as I am aware but he knows some submariners. Thanks for clearing thing up for me.
  5. Jeezus!! :lol: Have I just woken up in a foreign country? :lol:
  6. Tell him to stop gobbing off about things he knows feck all about
  7. In three years I did every patrol my boat went on.
  8. I told him to stop talking pish today :lol:
  9. [quote="SSN09In three years I did every patrol my boat went on.[/quote]

No 5th watch? :D

10. WHAT??????

No 5th watch? :D[/quote]

FFS - There never was one for the COs!
  11. FFS - There never was one for the COs![/quote]

Don't recall ever seeing a skipper onboard for 3 years non stop. 18 months to 2 years max I reckon, then, onwards and upwards!