Submariner Golden Hello £15k

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Richbomber, Sep 8, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have Just been told a new Din has been released and the Golden hello is £15k! That's not what the website says and first I have heard of it. Anyone else heard anything on the grape vine?

Times must be hard if it's true and it has been increased 3 fold, I'm surprised they don't offer another retention payment after 5 years if they can't keep the people in!
  2. Can't find a new DIN stating what you suggest. All I can find is the RNTM referring to the 5k GH. However, there may be a specific incentive for one of the trades when transferring from GS to SM, although these are usually of a higher value and subject to the usual tax etc etc. Perhaps there's a new RNTM and/or DIN coming out that hasn't hit the streets yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah i had had a look also, maybe someones fat fingers put a 1 infront of the 5 by accident :)
  4. Do all the WAFU's being poached get this bonus? I know at least 10 that are moving across.
  5. That may be because they want some work experience before they go outside!

Just saying :)
    • Funny Funny x 4
  6. True, cant see many going the other way though, just saying #tryharderinschool
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not seen/heard anything.

Have you asked your source to produce evidence of the claim? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a cash incentive introduced for those already serving GS, but credibility is the food of duff buzzes I guess.
  8. .

It does put a new twist on Dick Emery's catch phrase ;

"Hello Sailor !"
  9. Yeah, asked him to send it on but not received anything yet. We will see! I will add details if it appears!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. You will have a very long wait!
  11. Yeah thats what i thought!
  12. If you get this info, would you mind tagging me in it.
  13. Yeah no worries, i will message the bloke tomorrow and see what he comes up with. Don't hold your breath though!