Submariner Benefits?

Hi I was wondering what the benefits are for submariners. I am aware of the golden hello and that exta money is given while at sea. I have heard talk of free acomodation and other benefits such as extra pay when not at sea is this true? Thanks in advance Hughesie

IB08

Lantern Swinger
I would of thought that the extra money. golden hello and shorter deployments would be enough! We are still in a recession, you know.

You are offered your golden hello, if you take it or not it is up to you. And you also get extra pay for being a qualified submariner yeah. But everything else is the same.

Hughesie said:
Hi I was wondering what the benefits are for submariners. I am aware of the golden hello and that exta money is given while at sea*. I have heard talk of free acomodation and other benefits such as extra pay when not at sea is this true? Thanks in advance Hughesie
The submarine supplement(highlighted*) which is paid whilst you are on a seagoing boat is peanuts compared to the fortune they throw at you as Submarine Pay which is, without going into detail, paid every day that you are a qualified submariner. The accom' bit's complicated and I'm sure one of the resident sun-dodgers can explain better than I can.

Rem3pt said:
You are offered your golden hello, if you take it or not it is up to you. And you also get extra pay for being a qualified submariner yeah. But everything else is the same.
Err, why would you not take it?

Guzzler said:
Hughesie said:
Hi I was wondering what the benefits are for submariners. I am aware of the golden hello and that exta money is given while at sea*. I have heard talk of free acomodation and other benefits such as extra pay when not at sea is this true? Thanks in advance Hughesie
The submarine supplement(highlighted*) which is paid whilst you are on a seagoing boat is peanuts compared to the fortune they throw at you as Submarine Pay which is, without going into detail, paid every day that you are a qualified submariner. The accom' bit's complicated and I'm sure one of the resident sun-dodgers can explain better than I can.
I like peanuts. Do i get a crayon?

Guzzler said:
Rem3pt said:
A birdie told me it ties you into 5 years service. But this might be bollox?

As Guzzler has mentioned you get Submarine pay every day your in the submarine service (if you go skimmer you lose it) whether your on a boat or not. On top of that you get seagoing pay (when at sea obviously). Downside is you don't live onboard when alongside,unless your duty, so you have inboard accommodation and pay food and accom alongside. You keep the shoreside accom when at sea so still pay that charge.

Upside is you get a hotel when alongside on foreign jollies, all paid for by Her Maj of course.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
witsend said:
janner said:
witsend said:
sgtpepperband said:
...a shower once a year? :? :wink:
At least one day a year we don't smell like a pig. :wink:
Is that every year? How times have changed since I were a youngster. :wink:
You cnuts thought a toppers bilge was bath time. :wink:
It went with the pooping down the tower with a following sea. Would have been Ok if it had been warm water. :lol:

Rem3pt said:
Guzzler said:
Hughesie said:

Guzzler said:
Rem3pt said:
It does tie you for 5 years (or 1 sea draft if you think about it) and it's luminescent glowing bollix

WreckerL said:
Rem3pt said:
Guzzler said:
Hughesie said:

Guzzler said:
Rem3pt said:
It does tie you for 5 years (or 1 sea draft if you think about it) and it's luminescent glowing bollix
I stand corrected sir!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skyvet Nautical Jokes 18
D Submariners 13
M Submariners 83