Submarine tour lengths

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
You is too knowing bout pervy tings white boy.
You is not playing for two teams is y'all?;-P

When I did killicks leadership course, there was a killick steward off the royal yacht on it. He didn't get much shit!!, he also couldn't get anyone to share a tent with him on the exped's. He did make a nice cup of tea though :razz:

Other weird thing was their No 2 suits had white badges IIRC.

Rumrat

War Hero
When I did killicks leadership course, there was a killick steward off the royal yacht on it. He didn't get much shit!!, he also couldn't get anyone to share a tent with him on the exped's. He did make a nice cup of tea though :razz:

Other weird thing was their No 2 suits had white badges IIRC.

My one and only encounter with the RY was when it was parked down by Bellerophon, and I was at the Island in 70.
I was just standing watching them put the gold leaf around the side and a PO casually walkes up and spoke to me.
"**** off you scruffy looking bastard" is all he said. I thought that was pretty lenient of him, he left out dirty, nosey, shifty, and black.
Obviously a good hand.

Sharkey

War Hero
Their white fronts had a badge on the chest, cresent shape, Royal Yacht, with a crown above, maybe so that very small people who couldnt see the cap tally would know what ship they were off.

TomO

Badgeman
[QUOTE=perksy How is the Submarine Service as a career? Everyone always told me I was mad for considering it but I loved the sense of professionalism, camaraderie and real skill that is associated with the submariners. "

All of the above mate, the best years of my seagoing career but then we had more port visits and overseas S/M Squadrons