Submarine pigeon traps criticised

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by rosinacarley, Mar 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of fresh meat, would taste nice with a bit of curry sauce. Make a change from canned rations.

2. They are stinking disease carrying feral ones and a .22 air pellet would be the best solution I see the loony protect the vermin mandatory do-gooder was given air time.

3. Perhaps they should have shot the bird lovers first, then netted the pigeons. Nice cooked slowly, wrapped in pancetta and served with a cassis sauce! Not sure the best way to serve pidgeon though... :twisted:

4. Pigeon Killer Extroadinaire, Mr Ken Leaving Soon, may well be available for employment shortly - who knows, he may be just the man to sort the endangered species for them there ... ;)

5. Feral pigeons and that illegal immigrant the grey squirrel, they are an abomination and should be completely exterminated.

6. 12 gauge shot gun available for the shooting of pigeons and squirrels (among others).

7. We wouldnt have this sort of problem if they all had ID cards.

8. Pity the boat can't dive to give the fish a treat.

9. The poor things are only seeking shelter and warmth from the elements.

What would St Francis think about this.

My sister birds, you owe much to God, and you must always and in everyplace give praise to Him; for He has given you freedom to wing through the sky and He has clothed you…you neither sow nor reap, and God feeds you and gives you rivers and fountains for your thirst, and mountains and valleys for shelter, and tall trees for your nests. And although you neither know how to spin or weave, God dresses you and your children, for the Creator loves you greatly and He blesses you abundantly. Therefore… always seek to praise God.

Happy are the gentle: for the earth will be their heritage. :w00t:

10. :thumright: :lol:

11. I've never seen a sub marine pigeon, a duck yes but not a pigeon..

12. As much as I have great respect for St Francis, but if he lived where we do and had to endure the giant flying rats, sorry seagulls, then he would have had a very different theology!

13. As much as I have great respect for St Francis, but if he lived where we do and had to endure the giant flying rats, sorry seagulls, then he would have had a very different theology!

14. I fail to see the problem here. Pigeons, or as my son calls them, POOgeons are vermin. Maybe we could catch them and release them into the rafters of the hourse of those who want so much to protect them.

Christ - what ever happened to being able to defend your property? What next - rat extermination is too cruel?

SF

15. Shame she carnt do a basin dive .