Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Submarine pay

Hi I'm thinking of moving over to subs as CS I'm on level 1 LH pay, I know you get extra pay for being on a sub, do you lose your LSA pay that you have built up or just get the extra£5.24 a day at sea?

Hi I'm thinking of moving over to subs as CS I'm on level 1 LH pay, I know you get extra pay for being on a sub, do you lose your LSA pay that you have built up or just get the extra£5.24 a day at sea?
ou can transfer 50% of your LSA days from GS to boats. Once you're on a boat speak to your scribes and they'll sort you out.

The £5.24 you're on about is the supplement that you get when alongside. This goes up to roughly £16/day when at sea. You get this as well as your LSA.

So once qualified you'll get the following:
£13.74/day sub pay
£5.25 alongside - you will get this in arrears until qualifying
£16ish when at sea - as above
LSA - at whatever level you're on

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've just got back in RN well two years now doing CS course , lost all my LSA from before 1185 ,I'm on now 239 LSA days just wondering what's best option as I'm on Level 1 LSA which is at sea £7.29 a day

If you're on L1 it won't make much difference as you're not going to lose out on money.

Boils down to the fact whether you want to relocate to Scotland.

I've had to do it for those that have transferred from GS via JPAC; can't remember the reference off the top of my head

I'm genuinely shocked we're taking LSA of personnel because of a singular assignment choice.

That's one way to exacerbate the SM Service's manning problem.

Good thing about SM pay is you can go to the bar and buy a round without saying how much? ;)
we had this discussion in an hotel bar in Florida, we were living in the Hotel on subbies, some skimmers where in the Bar in rig (officers) their 4 ringer was wearing Dolphins, his Jimmy pointed to some lads and said that's disgusting 4 ringer said no that's submariners on Subbies?

All the different hotels had a night where they'd do a Happy Hour with food /nibbles. It didn't take long to discover that Monday was The Ramada, Tuesday Ho Jo's, Wednesday The Holiday Inn etc.

Saved us wasting spending our subbies on food.

They were also high potential 'meeting opportunity' venues as I recall......

All the different hotels had a night where they'd do a Happy Hour with food /nibbles. It didn't take long to discover that Monday was The Ramada, Tuesday Ho Jo's, Wednesday The Holiday Inn etc.

Saved us wasting spending our subbies on food.

They were also high potential 'meeting opportunity' venues as I recall......
Can't remember which we was in, but they did their big open sandwich every night for $1.00 well worth it, as many as you can trough.

Why would you lose 50% ofLSA days , and where is that laid down?
I didn't make myself clear. When transferring from GS to submarines you can carry over 50% of your sea days to count towards the time spent at the first level of submarine pay. Not lose 50% of LSA.

Latest Threads