Submarine Myths?

dingerbell

Lantern Swinger
I remember nutcrackers its the other fcukin items I don't seem to recall.certainly didn't build them like that in my day....oooooooooooooofffff!!!! definitely myffical creatures if you ask me

Omelette

Midshipman
Thanks Billy - good thinking on the part of the Navy, pre-installing tarts in the Astute class boats! Any plans for beer taps scattered here and there?

SELJUK

War Hero
CHECKDEPTHGAUGES said:
BillyNoMates said:
Further to my last:-

The Royal Navy is to receive at least four new Astute class submarines, boats being delivered in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014 - 3 or 4 more are planned. The Swiftsure-class will be entirely decommissioned by 2010. HMS Trafalgar is to be decommissioned in 2008, followed by HMS Turbulent in 2011. The Astute Class submarine will be the biggest nuclear Fleet submarine ever to have been in service with the Royal Navy, nearly 30% larger than its predecessors. This is due to the powerplant, the Rolls Royce PWR2 reactor (developed for the Vanguard class SSBN). The armament of Astute class is set to be 38 Spearfish torpedos (the British equivalent of the US Mk48 ADCAP torpedos), Tomahawk Block III/IV Cruise Missiles and submarine launched mines.
I dont think the navy have mines anymore. Is that true?
They are called bottom sensors now.........'mines' is definitely an un PC word. Still blow ya ta bits though!