Submarine Myths?

Arcadain said:
Can you smoke on submarines?

Used to be able to---unless there was an atmosphere problem .

With the current Pc configuration I'm not sure what they do now!!


The times they are a changing!!
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Arcadain said:
Can you smoke on submarines?
In, what several of the posters on here are trying to convince me were the bad old days, we had real Boats, Diesel Electric none of these steam driven things they live a life of luxary in today

A lot of the time smoking was an interesting past time, no smoking during the long dived periods, limited to one all round a lot of the time, thankfully most Skippers smoked (as did nearly everyone else onboard), so you got the one all round.

Battery gassing, no smoking inboard but running on the surface you could go up, with permission in ones and twos and have a smoke in the fin, not so bad in the warmer climes, but real men went up in all winds and weathers, go wet and freezing cold, all for the sake of the dreaded weed.
 

paracord

Midshipman
When i finally get to phase 3, will i have the choice to choose T,M S, V or maybe even A boats?

I would preffer T or S.

Just curious as a bomber just isn't my dream boat.
 

AfterSSE

War Hero
OSLO said:
And the alleged "victims" weren't charged with carrying out an indecent act in a public place because....?

To be fair (after all, this did come the Wail), we don't know all of the circumstances of the incident, seeing as the crew has been "gagged" from discussing the incident. Still, if the "victims" were engaged in an indecent act in a public place, why no charges against them? Too many unknowns need clarification before we raise the anti-PC banner.
Oslo.....hard to port and full dive on the planes man, he was only asking what boat should he pick...
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
AfterSSE said:
OSLO said:
And the alleged "victims" weren't charged with carrying out an indecent act in a public place because....?

To be fair (after all, this did come the Wail), we don't know all of the circumstances of the incident, seeing as the crew has been "gagged" from discussing the incident. Still, if the "victims" were engaged in an indecent act in a public place, why no charges against them? Too many unknowns need clarification before we raise the anti-PC banner.
Oslo.....hard to port and full dive on the planes man, he was only asking what boat should he pick...
It looks as though OSLO is as bit over excited, He has posted in the wrong thread :dwarf:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
janner said:
AfterSSE said:
OSLO said:
And the alleged "victims" weren't charged with carrying out an indecent act in a public place because....?

To be fair (after all, this did come the Wail), we don't know all of the circumstances of the incident, seeing as the crew has been "gagged" from discussing the incident. Still, if the "victims" were engaged in an indecent act in a public place, why no charges against them? Too many unknowns need clarification before we raise the anti-PC banner.
Oslo.....hard to port and full dive on the planes man, he was only asking what boat should he pick...
It looks as though OSLO is as bit over excited, He has posted in the wrong thread :dwarf:
Hmm, I dunno. I've heard about what some of those submariners used to get up to... and I don't think it was a myth either! 8O :lol:
 

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Further to my last:-

The Royal Navy is to receive at least four new Astute class submarines, boats being delivered in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014 - 3 or 4 more are planned. The Swiftsure-class will be entirely decommissioned by 2010. HMS Trafalgar is to be decommissioned in 2008, followed by HMS Turbulent in 2011. The Astute Class submarine will be the biggest nuclear Fleet submarine ever to have been in service with the Royal Navy, nearly 30% larger than its predecessors. This is due to the powerplant, the Rolls Royce PWR2 reactor (developed for the Vanguard class SSBN). The armament of Astute class is set to be 38 Spearfish torpedos (the British equivalent of the US Mk48 ADCAP torpedos), Tomahawk Block III/IV Cruise Missiles and submarine launched mines.
 

Polto

War Hero
BillyNoMates said:
Further to my last:-

The Royal Navy is to receive at least four new Astute class submarines, boats being delivered in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014 - 3 or 4 more are planned. The Swiftsure-class will be entirely decommissioned by 2010. HMS Trafalgar is to be decommissioned in 2008, followed by HMS Turbulent in 2011. The Astute Class submarine will be the biggest nuclear Fleet submarine ever to have been in service with the Royal Navy, nearly 30% larger than its predecessors. This is due to the powerplant, the Rolls Royce PWR2 reactor (developed for the Vanguard class SSBN). The armament of Astute class is set to be 38 Spearfish torpedos (the British equivalent of the US Mk48 ADCAP torpedos), Tomahawk Block III/IV Cruise Missiles and submarine launched mines.

Not forgetting the unfeasibly large bathrooms and bunk spaces that they will no doubt be equipped with!! :dwarf: :thumright:
 
BillyNoMates said:
Further to my last:-

The Royal Navy is to receive at least four new Astute class submarines, boats being delivered in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014 - 3 or 4 more are planned. The Swiftsure-class will be entirely decommissioned by 2010. HMS Trafalgar is to be decommissioned in 2008, followed by HMS Turbulent in 2011. The Astute Class submarine will be the biggest nuclear Fleet submarine ever to have been in service with the Royal Navy, nearly 30% larger than its predecessors. This is due to the powerplant, the Rolls Royce PWR2 reactor (developed for the Vanguard class SSBN). The armament of Astute class is set to be 38 Spearfish torpedos (the British equivalent of the US Mk48 ADCAP torpedos), Tomahawk Block III/IV Cruise Missiles and submarine launched mines.
I dont think the navy have mines anymore. Is that true?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Nearest & Dearest 4
janner Submariners 16
janner Submariners 0

Similar threads


Latest Threads

New Posts

Top