STV: "Church Calls For Trident Clarification"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps the Kirk should worry about Kirk matters and not get involved in politics. This smells of personal opinion and nothing which the Church of Scotland (as a group) should have an opinion on.
  2. "We are very concerned that the Ministry of Defence appears to be committed to spending over #2 billion of our money on submarines to carry Trident before the official decision on whether or not to go ahead with it."

Where's this 'our' bit come from, church money is it? I know, lets scrap them and close Faslane then the church can pay all those put out of work a weekly bounty to tide the over until jobs become plentifull again.
  3. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

I am not sure when churches got so political, it is quite common now to go to church and not only hear about God but also left wing politics and environmental issues. I agree with some of these issues and not with others but am put off going to church as I am unwilling to submit to an overwhelming political agenda coupled to religion.

I have yet to find a church where they preach that market oriented economic policies lead to economic growth which is to our collective benefit and small government gives poeple greater personal liberties. This would be no better but would at least be a refreshing change.
  4. I picked up on the "our" bit. Although everyone is entitled to an opinion surely the Kirk would be better off addressing more social issues and attending to his flocks spritual well being which I assume is in his TOR's.
  5. Anybody, with the correct crypto in, have a clue what this is in English?
  6. I think it means, "Sorry for cyber-attacking your website, I was aiming for Sony".
  7. What a totally stunning attempt at using random words to try to construct a sentence. Top marks for total bull-shite !
  8. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

It has the germs of an absolutely topping lecturette.
  9. Sounds like a typical occifer to me :)
  10. Maybe the wee Kirk could ask God to suspend the aging of the V Boat reactors until after all the decision procrastination is complete?