STV: "Church Calls For Trident Clarification"

A

angrydoc

Perhaps the Kirk should worry about Kirk matters and not get involved in politics. This smells of personal opinion and nothing which the Church of Scotland (as a group) should have an opinion on.

"We are very concerned that the Ministry of Defence appears to be committed to spending over #2 billion of our money on submarines to carry Trident before the official decision on whether or not to go ahead with it."

Where's this 'our' bit come from, church money is it? I know, lets scrap them and close Faslane then the church can pay all those put out of work a weekly bounty to tide the over until jobs become plentifull again.

jockpopeye

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
I am not sure when churches got so political, it is quite common now to go to church and not only hear about God but also left wing politics and environmental issues. I agree with some of these issues and not with others but am put off going to church as I am unwilling to submit to an overwhelming political agenda coupled to religion.

I have yet to find a church where they preach that market oriented economic policies lead to economic growth which is to our collective benefit and small government gives poeple greater personal liberties. This would be no better but would at least be a refreshing change.

"We are very concerned that the Ministry of Defence appears to be committed to spending over #2 billion of our money on submarines to carry Trident before the official decision on whether or not to go ahead with it."

Where's this 'our' bit come from, church money is it? I know, lets scrap them and close Faslane then the church can pay all those put out of work a weekly bounty to tide the over until jobs become plentifull again.
I picked up on the "our" bit. Although everyone is entitled to an opinion surely the Kirk would be better off addressing more social issues and attending to his flocks spritual well being which I assume is in his TOR's.

Not long ago i got the AIB planning evening, plus the Lieutenant informed me that in case there was simply no place within the Floor Fleet upon entry ways for the RN, however can be made available an area in the Boat Assistance.
We are now scrubbing standing on the particular assistance, and also are looking at some great benefits of the item.

My spouse and i currently have:
£5, 000 accessibility scholarhip and also higher price regarding fork out
While docked Let me stay with land, often inside a inn
Not as quite a few goes on land, for that reason much less time period abroad compared to the top Fleet

Possibly there is any more advantages i always should know regarding? And even everything critical in regards to the assistance?

Appreciate the particular support,
Anybody, with the correct crypto in, have a clue what this is in English?