Stupid self harm

Polecalex

Hello, I can feel the frustration in the forum when it comes down to self harm.. but I am have a question about said subject.

When I was youger ( I am 20 now ), I was bullied and made to feel shit.. which put me into a bad place, I was never diagnosed with depression or anything, but I did self harm once. My left elbow has a few visible scars on it and I am worried this might have messed up my chances. I have always wanted to join the Royal Marines Commando's and I have been looking around the internet about this issue and found so many differnet results. Basically my question is; Would this stop me from ever applying to the Marines? As it was so long ago and I never got diagnosed or checked therefore nothing is on my medical records, but they are still visible, would this hinder my application in any form? Or is that me done forever? ( I did see that there is a 3 year requirement of non self-harm but I wasn't sure if it is true or not?)
Thanks.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I hate to be a prophet of doom, but any bullying at school may well pale into insignificance when you are 'encouraged' by the 'enthusiastic' RM's training staff. Only you know if you are truly over it.

Good luck.

Sumo

War Hero
I hate to be a prophet of doom, but any bullying at school may well pale into insignificance when you are 'encouraged' by the 'enthusiastic' RM's training staff. Only you know if you are truly over it.

Good luck.
They are obviously a miss understood bunch of people, a bit of shouting now and and then but kind and gentle at heart, they just come across as syco nut jobs,. Apply and good luck, not every one is cut out to be a Marine?