Stuff found on road (inc ID)

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Series2A, Jul 30, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today, I found a RN ID card with a key and a motorcycle pass lying on a road near my house near Humbie in rural East Lothian.
    The lanyard has the name of a shore establishment. If you can give me the establishment, the name on the card and the motorcycle reg no, I'll get the stuff posted to you soon as.
    Save you a big fine and a bigger bollocking.

If not claimed in a week I'll give the stuff to the police.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

It might be worth a call to the Police, it could be that he has come off as the result of an accident,
  3. Have you considered informing the QM or OOD of the unit named on the car pass and lanyard? Quickest way to get it back to the owner and will save unnecessary admin.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. No signs of an accident, janner, classic case of leaving a side pocket open on the pack, I've lost nice items that way myself.
    Yeah, I guess the chances of him seeing this are remote, I'll do as you suggest TC. Same freepost address on ID and M/C pass. Will post em off on Monday.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Is it Jonah on the card and the Reg 1SL RN?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Series2A,
    Sorry. but you have no right to hold the RN ID card, the key and the motorcycle pass for a week! :mad:
    Hand them in to the police asap......

Belay that order... Just read your follow-up post and I see that you intend to hand in the ID and other items on Monday morning. Good! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry, witsend, not Jonah on card (unfortunate name for a sailor!)
  8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'll let the boss know.
    • Funny Funny x 1