Stress (PTS)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Boyley, Mar 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I Recently spent some time off work due to a bad car crash my car flipped 3 times and i knocked myself out on the drivers window, at first i was off with physichal problems, couldnt move neck back and shoulder where extremely sore but after a while i had sever troubles getting to sleep and the doctor prescribed me with temporary Post Traumatic Stress, now ive got my medical on thursday and im worrying that this is going to affect my app so my question is can it in anyway?

2. The answer is yes all of the things you have mentioned will need discussing with the AFCO medical examiner(ME) at your medical and they may well have an impact on whether you are OK to enter at the moment. The AFCO ME is really the only person who can give you a definitive answer. Best of luck with your medical and future within the RN

3. Just wanted to say good luck. The medical is that part of the selection process which is beyond our control - you either pass fit or don't, THEY decide. Wish you all the best.
  4. It depends on whether you had/have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or just a reaction. PTSD can be overdiagnosed - did you see a psychiatrist or your GP? Obviously the former carries more weight.
  5. no ive never had it before and i never went to see any therapist or psychiatrist or anything like that, im really crapping bricks now
  6. Its not the end of the world mate. I've suffered from PTSD and had councelling, the works and declared it in a recent interview.

Just wait and see what happens but honesty is the best policy in this situation.