Strensall 09 Northern Region

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by trehorn, May 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning ladies and gents,

Just a little note to make those of you in the Northern Region (CALLIOPE, CERES and EAGLET) aware that Strensall 09 will be taking place in June.

Those who have attended these weekends previously will vouch for the quality of these weekends I'm sure.

The weekend is open to all ranks and rates, male and female including New Entries, in fact New Entries are especially encouraged to attend this weekend to get a feel for life in the RNR.

The training activities in the past have included such things as DCCT, 25m range shoot, practical fire fighting, CLM, not to mention the compulsory social.

Contact your PSI's for more details or alternatively PM me and i will give you the gen.
  2. As someone who has attended from Forward over the last few years, this is a fantastic weekend and well worth attending!

How come it's in June and for the Northerners??
  3. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I would guess that the restriction to Northerners only is based on the assumption that the soft Southern Jessies from other English units would be unable to withstand the North's "summer" weather experienced in June; likewise the failure to invite the hardy Celt units from north of Hadrian's Wall is an attempt of the Geordies/Scousers/Tykes not to be shown up by the Jocks. :)
  4. The host Unit (CERES Division) used to be part of the Central region along with HMS EAGLET, SHERWOOD and FORWARD. Due to the restructuring of the regions they are now part of the Northern Region with HMS EAGLET and HMS CALLIOPE.

As i understand it the regional training structure has now been tightened up which severely limits the attendance of units outside the region from attending, unless of course its a national weekend. A shame really, i think it would be better if SHERWOOD and FORWARD could attend.

As for it being in June i believe that this is due to availability of the facilities.
  5. Meeeooow!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: