Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strength building exercise frequency

SRT1

Badgeman
Basic training is looming and I still can't do a decent number of press ups. I'm quite lanky and I find the running, swimming and sit ups to be achievable but getting to the required standard for press ups is still a problem.

Should I be doing lots of them every day or should I do something like do lots for two days in a row and skip the third?

daffy1

War Hero
As said above, as many as possible till you cant do any more, when you have reached that, put your knees down, but still keep them at a distance. If you have done this correct you should be able to bang out a few more but not many more, and gradually bring your knees in making the resistance slightly easier every time. This method only works assuming at the start of doing your press ups that you are doing them in correct form all the way down and up and keeping your back stright and doing as many as possible.

A

angrydoc

With press-ups I'm a big fan of pyramids
10, then 9, then 8 ... to 1, then back up again

Consider inability to do this as failure - and you will succeed. Positive mental attitude and all that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Scotland’s tech sector going from strength to strength MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary praises strength of UK-Japan partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cornish tea producer proves strength of British brew overseas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Science Minister hails 'incredible strength' of UK space industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Regulator’s Quarterly survey shows continued financial strength MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Successful cyber security relies on strength of our partnerships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM speech on the UK's strength and security in the EU: 9 May 2016 MoD News 2
L New RNFT 2 x 20kg weight strength test Health & Fitness 59
soleil Beverage Daily: "Senior Service Navy Strength Gin Rolls Off Slipway" The Quarterdeck 7
D Give me strength... Bases / Shore Est 35
2_deck_dash Jocks brew Matelot strength beverage. Current Affairs 9
sgtpepperband News: Marines' strength and cunning routs the Taliban The Corps 0
T Fleet Strength News from Westminster The Fleet 28
Globe-Trotter Strength and size Vs endurance? The Corps 12
P Trained Strength Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
Navy1 IRAQ - So, should we, or shouldn't we ? Strength of fee Current Affairs 137
MoD_RSS Building stability and peace in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM confirms £3.7 billion for 40 hospitals in biggest hospital building programme in a generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building support for developing countries in adaptation and resilience against the effects of climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Julia Lopez speech at techUK’s ‘Building the Smarter State’ Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building safety: letter to Chair of the Industry Safety Steering Group (22 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foundation industries: building a resilient recovery: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building resilience in the face of global climate risks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Explained: The Draft Building Safety Bill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark building safety law to keep residents safe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building regulations and fire safety procedural guidance: circular letter 15 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building a greener, more resilient global economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building back a green and resilient recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New plans to get Britain building in coronavirus recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New £1 billion building safety fund to remove dangerous cladding from high rise buildings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updates on building safety reforms: Dear Colleague Letter (26 May 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building supply companies abandon merger during CMA investigation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD 2025 Strategy - building on our strengths MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local leaders pledge to continue vital building safety work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building flood defences fit for the future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint pledge to continue vital building safety work during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Non-ACM remediation and the Building Safety Fund: stakeholder update (6 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updates on building safety reforms: Dear Colleague Letter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government confirms the biggest changes to building safety in a generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Steelwork complete on UKAEA Yorkshire building MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Robert Jenrick plans for the future to get Britain building MoD News 0
P Plymouth defiance building Current Affairs 8
B Hypersonic attack(s) on ship building yards Current Affairs 38
MoD_RSS Building cycle infrastructure in Birmingham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building cycle infrastructure in Manchester MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building Better Building Beautiful Commission report launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New measures to improve building safety standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leeds gets building as construction corridor continues to forge path across North of England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New High Commission building announced for Ottawa MoD News 0