Streaming during training

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by aljh, Apr 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I start aircrew training in just over 2 weeks, and am absolutely gagging to get streamed onto the Harrier. I realise that this is unlikely (but at least in the FAA I can change later on), but was wondering if the guys who made it have any tips.

Many thanks,
    Al

2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

make sure the number of your landings matches that of your take offs??

but on a serious note - why do you think it unlikely? Most Harrier pilots I know regard it as a birthright, not something they happened to like the look of.

And if you want to fly a single engined jet over the sea. At night. In shite weather... Then you need all the self belief you can get and the very best to you.

3. If you really want to fly harriers then you will certainly need the following

1. A nice white silk scarf
    2. An Irvine leather flying jacket
    3. An expensive sports car, a Porsche is acceptable but a Morgan has style
    4. A Hunting dog but do not name him after Douglas Bader's dog, its unacceptable these days.
    5. A complete indifference to all the women that will fawn over you.

4. Wasn't it guy gibson's dog that had the unacceptable name slim? 8O

5. Thankyou for the correction, no wonder I was never selected for pilot training. :oops:
    Also could not even afford a silk scarf never mind a Morgan :(

6. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

don't forget the Brietling watch. With the picture of the harrier on.

7. Well thats me well and truly out of it with my Boogie street special. bought a few of those in Singapore, Guaranteed waterproof, first time in the pool the cockroach powering it drowned.

8. I was wondering about streaming, except I want to fly helicopters, not Jets :?

9. If selected, you will be streamed for jet training at Barkston Heath (EFT). Streaming for FAA rotary wing takes place at 705 NAS at DHFS. Top tip, it's not just about flying ability, a large part of it is character and whether your face would fit.

GK