Strategic Defence Review & The Corps..

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by geordiedancer, Aug 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Further to Ninja's post on the PRMC forum..

Although there are no cuts in manning or otherwise within the Royal Marines afoot as stated above, does anyone envisage any cuts particularly with regards to manning requirements and how do you think they will affect the RM?

As someone who is going through the selection process at the minute, I am pretty anxious regardless and I'm interested to hear the views of serving/ex-serving personnel!
  2. Avoid getting too anxious about "The Corps getting axed" or even worse "Royal Marines and Parachute Regiment to combine." :D buzzes!
    They crop up everytime the terms 'Defence' and 'review' are uttered by the Whitehall Mandarins, mainly started by the Defence Correspondant of the Daily Wail or Sun because they've been fed the rumour so that when the axe doesn't fall everyone breathes a sigh of relief and forgets what has actually been chopped. See backdated copies of the same 'august' journals after the Boer War and up to and including prior to the Falklands War for evidence.
    As NS stated if you're in the pipeline you should be sweet(ish), so chilax and concentrate on your phys! :wink:
  3. Thanks for the reply.

Yep I'm now in the pipeline, have my recruiting test on the 10th September.

I suspected that these might be rumours that come round every now and then.. Like you say, I'll continue to focus on my application and getting my phys sorted.. 8)