Storing your gun at Sultan

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by andy198712, Feb 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the drill for storing a shotgun at HMS Sultan?

i'll be there for phase 2
  2. Yes.......
  3. Cool, is anyone willing to share?
  4. thanks buddy, thats cleared that up.
  5. Gun? Gun? Say that to the armourer. Go on - I dare you.
  6. :) I'll let you know how I get on
  7. Please don't. It'll be up there with cricket.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hate to state the bleedin' obvious and doubtless the OP will already have gathered, but just in case (as we do come across the odd numpty from time to time) - gain written permission well in advance of transporting any firearms or munitions anywhere within the vicinity of a military establishment.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. yeah i'd go up there first and speak to who i need to and get something in writing maybe, then speak to my local firearms officer and do as he/she advices due to being out of county ect...
  10. that was thank you! deffinatly a club i'd like to join, in some places you can even claim travel costs! full bore looks great! .22 target doesnt float my boat
  11. spoke to my FAO and she said just let them know as it wouldn't be a problem,
  12. Ninja_Stoker

It seldom is an issue to be honest, all you need is written permission from HMS Sultan, after you join.
  13. ideal, better to check these things early and go in informed and clued up on the subject, not one to mess around with :)

so instead of calling it a "gun" would they rather using the term "my piece" ??? ;)
  14. When I moved back to Dolphin and got the address changed. The Police asked where I would be keeping my weapons, I told them the armoury at Dolphin, I had got permission. They then tried insisted that it needed to be inspected as they thought "Security" may not to be up to scratch WTF?

Building manned 24/7 by armed guards, bloody thick steel doors and bars and alarmed to the local Cop Shop. if it was good enough for assault rifles, GPMGs SMGs, pistols and signal pistols what was the problem with a shot gun?
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  15. There are plenty of game birds to be had in the Gosport area.
  16. Nearly made a cnut of myself there thought the thread was "Storing my mum at Sultan" fcuk me I was getting ready to book a cabin
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Easy mistake. They go bang, but fire bullets, Stan.

For the Warrant Officer Gunnery Instructors amongst us, it's possibly a bit technical, so I've typed it slow ;-P

18. just being akward i reckon! wanted to have a look in the armoury i think lol pretty sure i saw two mini guns in the Collingwood one!