Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storing stuff at Ralleigh

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
StourbridgeLad said:
Hello everyone sorry to drag the topic slightly off course here but rather than make another post and spam the forums this post will do nicely.

I have a very old family watch along with a few other things, now i know thievery normally brings the wraith of of the entire base and dorms get stripped down to find the thieving git but can i ask would it be smart to bring a small lock box to store a few personal items like mobile phone & watch etc.

Now I'm not going to scream at the of my head "I'VE GOT A SWANK WATCH WHICH COSTS LOAD LOOK AT ME" but previous experience with the STABs (Territorial Army) told me its wise to keep a sharp eye on your personal items while on training/base. Will we be issued lockers with keys etc?

You'll get a list of items to bring which includes 2 padlocks and keys, deep sh1t if you leave your locker unlocked

sussex2 said:
NorwayChris said:
sussex2 said:
NorwayChris said:
FistFullOfNails said:
Easy now ladies and gents

I'm off to basic in a few months..I'll be going straight from my flat to basic so I'll be taking everything I own with me. What's this about no cars at Raleigh? So obviously I can't store my sh't there.

Is there storage facilities? Even if I sell all my electronic stuff and my car I still have a lot of clothes I'd like to keep. A £1000 suit for one.

Same Q for phase 2 as well please

Cheers big ears

Ferkin hell £1000 for a suit,the last suit i bought cost me 40 dollars from sew sew in Honkey Fid,out of shear interest how much do you pay for a good pair of shoes ? my last pair of shoes cost me 20 euros here in Spain, :lol:

Not from that flea market in Torre surely!

:lol: Youve got me sussed havnt you, :lol:

No but I have vision and insight :lol: and have you still got your wallet. Am off to Torre next week to see friends, the first time we have ventured far out of Catalunya into the deep and darkest south. We goa lot to the Basque country and Austurias but have never been tempted down towards GIB, on account of an embarassing incident :oops: Something to do with an ape but I won't go into that here :lol:
Can i be so bold as to ask did you give the ape a portion of meat and two veg, 8)

wannabeaet

Lantern Swinger
You can't park your car at Raleigh?
Well I've got a 2003 BMW 330ci Clubsport... so I don't like trains...although I'm getting rid of it as I won't be able to afford it AND a life on navy starting wages. Was gonna get a shitbox though and use that to get back and forth.

Guzzler

War Hero
wannabeaet said:
Well I've got a 2003 BMW 330ci Clubsport... so I don't like trains...although I'm getting rid of it as I won't be able to afford it AND a life on navy starting wages. Was gonna get a shitbox though and use that to get back and forth.

So you're going to bring a car regardless of what you've been told?

captainobvious

Lantern Swinger
that's ok, how much will 9 weeks parking in torpoint cost? about six hundred quid?

GET THE ******* TRAIN YOU MONGS, YOUR CAR WILL BE OF NO USE TO YOU DURING PHASE 1

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
wannabeaet said:

Just leave it parked in Torpoint when you join, I can guarantee someone will have got rid of it for you when you finish Phase 1 and go back :roll:

tommo

War Hero
captainobvious said:
that's ok, how much will 9 weeks parking in torpoint cost? about six hundred quid?

GET THE * TRAIN YOU MONGS, YOUR CAR WILL BE OF NO USE TO YOU DURING PHASE 1

lol plus the fines because you can't move it

Are these applicants serious? Are they honestly being let in?

Tristan

Banned
Is that BMW a real BMW built in Germany or was it built in india in the style of BMW but much cheaper? If you vcan afford a car like tha youy can afford 9 weeks in big yellow storage or something simular.

trelawney126 said:
sussex2 said:
Well when I were a lad in training I saw a lot of gaiters, green ones, and white ones for the class leader, but I never saw no gaitors! Not a lot of them about in Torpoint or Leydene.

All Gunnery Instructors wore black gaiters, probably to match the colour of their souls. Most were direct entry recruits who were thrown out of the Waffen SS for cruelty. I believe that they produced far better standards of drill than the current RM Instructors, (Who do a fair job).
The absolute authority about Gunnery Instructors on this site is Rumrat. Who I believe was one of their Trainers and Handlers at Excellent.

Hear hear trelawney126,i was a JS under (literally) Rumrat and that sodden twat face taught and molded me into the nasty,devil worshiping,black souled,sexual deviant i turned out to be as a Pogi,God save Rumrat and god bless him hic hic hic, :twisted:

wannabeaet said:

FERKIN CAR my god times are a changing, :lol: ,When i joined up i had a raliegh sports bike with ferkin cowhangers and tassles on the end of them ,i was the bees knees ,couldnt afford my first cortina XL before i was 18 yrs old,god i miss that raliegh sports bike with the cowhorn handle bars :lol:

NorwayChris said:
sussex2 said:
NorwayChris said:
sussex2 said:
NorwayChris said:
FistFullOfNails said:
Easy now ladies and gents

I'm off to basic in a few months..I'll be going straight from my flat to basic so I'll be taking everything I own with me. What's this about no cars at Raleigh? So obviously I can't store my sh't there.

Is there storage facilities? Even if I sell all my electronic stuff and my car I still have a lot of clothes I'd like to keep. A £1000 suit for one.

Same Q for phase 2 as well please

Cheers big ears

Ferkin hell £1000 for a suit,the last suit i bought cost me 40 dollars from sew sew in Honkey Fid,out of shear interest how much do you pay for a good pair of shoes ? my last pair of shoes cost me 20 euros here in Spain, :lol:

Not from that flea market in Torre surely!

:lol: Youve got me sussed havnt you, :lol:

No but I have vision and insight :lol: and have you still got your wallet. Am off to Torre next week to see friends, the first time we have ventured far out of Catalunya into the deep and darkest south. We goa lot to the Basque country and Austurias but have never been tempted down towards GIB, on account of an embarassing incident :oops: Something to do with an ape but I won't go into that here :lol:
Can i be so bold as to ask did you give the ape a portion of meat and two veg, 8)
]
No you cheeky monkey I would never bugger an ape, even a rock ape :lol:

wannabeaet said:

BMW 330ci...keep it mate, you've already got a shitbox :roll:

wannabeaet

Lantern Swinger
sussex2 said:
Hah, nice one.
No the reason I ask if you can or can't park at Raleigh, and go to and from is because I haven't been told, and figured an anonymous forum would be the best place to ask stupid questions.
I wouldn't of afforded it at 18 either Norwaychris, but I'm 21 now, work a pretty good job full time so I can afford it. I was planning on getting rid of it and buying a cheap runner because I won't be able to afford the BM on navy starting wages, so now I've been told to get the train, I'll just get the train. Does really, nobody drive down there?

wannabeaet

Lantern Swinger
Tristan, how many stripes do you have on your shoulder?
I get it nobody parks in Raleigh, but was thinking more drive down to the area and park in residents parking somewhere around the corner or something...

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
wannabeaet said:
sussex2 said:
Hah, nice one.
No the reason I ask if you can or can't park at Raleigh, and go to and from is because I haven't been told, and figured an anonymous forum would be the best place to ask stupid questions.
I wouldn't of afforded it at 18 either Norwaychris, but I'm 21 now, work a pretty good job full time so I can afford it. I was planning on getting rid of it and buying a cheap runner because I won't be able to afford the BM on navy starting wages, so now I've been told to get the train, I'll just get the train. Does really, nobody drive down there?
Funnily enough the Navy prefers to use the land at Raleigh to build Training Facilities on rather than car parks for all and sundry who want to rock up with their motor so they can go for a spin after the days work is done to pull some gronks and take them back to the accomodation for a party till 3AM.
Strange indeed are the ways of those who sail on the seven seas. :roll:

PS They won't let you out at night to do any of that anyhow.

captainobvious

Lantern Swinger
your pre joining letter should state that you cannot bring your car, that alone should be enough.

there are no parking facilities for phase 1 trainees of any sort whatsoever, additionally you not be allowed to leave the base of your own volition for the duration of phase 1. find a nice long stay car park at home and leave it there.

wannabeaet

Lantern Swinger
captainobvious said:
your pre joining letter should state that you cannot bring your car, that alone should be enough
I haven't had that yet, and I needed to know ahead of time. Thankyou.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Press release: Waste firm fined £510,000 for illegally storing tonnes of rubbish MoD News 0
A Storing your gun at Sultan Bases / Shore Est 22
Hermes_R12 Storing a car 4 - 6 months ? Motoring 29
alfred_the_great On BRNC, and other stuff... Joining the Royal Navy 0
Waspie New Wafu stuff, with pictures too!!! The Fleet Air Arm 4
S Royal marines stuff? i know nothing about half of the stuff i picked up Bloody Computers 0
MoD_RSS News story: Revolutionary satellite made of 'the stuff of science fiction' leaves the UK MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Diving - civvy Scubadoo and RN stuff. Sports and Adventure Training 27
Paxman_Valenta Free Stuff SCC and URNU 0
WannabeAdmiral Rehabilitation of offenders stuff document Joining the Royal Navy 2
dapperdunn If in doubt, make stuff up MoD News 7
S Stuff found on road (inc ID) The Quarterdeck 7
FunkyJunky Collingwood stuff Bases / Shore Est 9
T Stuff to learn for WE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
FunkyJunky 9 Month deployments and other stuff Current Affairs 217
A Hats & Stuff Nearest & Dearest 4
Siannn. Just some really slightly tipsy daft stuff that I need to get off my chest... Diamond Lil's 76
SONAR-BENDER OK - it is December. Crimbo stuff! Diamond Lil's 60
cooksmate Handy stuff to know Current Affairs 9
Stirling England stuff All Blacks Sports and Adventure Training 4
rn458scc SHIFT Interview, and all the other stuff Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Stirling Deadly stuff. History 1
G NMD Stuff The Gash Barge 12
G NMD Stuff II The Gash Barge 14
BillyNoMates Twat Stuff. Diamond Lil's 12
G Eating honking stuff Diamond Lil's 18
C Psychometric Test + Other Stuff Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
RadioSilence Warfare Branch & diving stuff Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Jayhawk RN response to Med hijacks in 80s and stuff Current Affairs 0
A Well goffer me stbd flip flop, some good stuff here The Gash Barge 21
Z Taking stuff to phase 2 training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
S Some RN stuff The Gash Barge 8
E Uniforms and stuff Diamond Lil's 32
D Gym Stuff Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
B wanted: more TV stuff (Warship and Cutting edge) History 4
Jockroach Stuff it! Diamond Lil's 3
S rnr info on wknds and stuff? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
G Free Stuff The Gash Barge 2
ellio Psychometric Stuff, m8 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 104
B Medals & Stuff History 15
BillyNoMates Warehouse full of stolen stuff. Diamond Lil's 0
brazenhussy enough gay stuff Diamond Lil's 120
bigbaddog 'Nam, Helicopters'n'stuff - (Some Brit input-ref:Suez) Diamond Lil's 0
N Some cool stuff on Youtube The Gash Barge 35
sgtpepperband Free Stuff The Gash Barge 2
SS-super-stoker Best stuff that I have float tested / stolen / lost Diamond Lil's 16
Jarhead Some funny (and not so funny) stuff from across the pond... The Quarterdeck 2
S Naff stuff The Gash Barge 1
josiecats None of that Sissy stuff....... Social & Reunions 7
E Cuts & Stuff (MoD Deny / Mitigate) Current Affairs 18