Storage whilst deployed?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jellicoe, Dec 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if my failure to find an answer through searching is purely a result of unimaginative search terms, but I'm keen to find out what people do with their stuff whilst they're at sea. Clearly this is not an issue for people who own a house, but since there is not enough space on ships to take everything with you, is there some sort of storage facility at naval bases?

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

What manner of "stuff" are you referring to? There are baggage stores in most establishments and you can sometimes hire garages too. Would either of those options work out? Speak to the accommodation office of your base port establishment.

3. Cheers. Yeah, a baggage store would fit the bill. Just excess uniform and civvies, really.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Most people leave their stuff at home with parents, relatives or partners. Where do you keep all the things you cannot carry in a case or kitbag at present?

5. Tell me about it..:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. At CU there was always a Squadron mess that was put aside and locked with all our kit in. After those days I bought a house and " put aside a spare room", that the wife never went in as I told her all my kit was expensive and dangerous and she should stay away from it!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fixed that for you... :thumbleft:

8. It's all in my cabin. But I have a huge amount of wardrobe and drawer space compared to a ship.

9. I can 'look after' your valuables

10. Cheers, when do you want it back? Have tried cleaning it, but it's been a while!

Also the gimp suit has a few holes where I tried to sew on a name tape and rate badge! :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013