Storage whilst deployed?

Apologies if my failure to find an answer through searching is purely a result of unimaginative search terms, but I'm keen to find out what people do with their stuff whilst they're at sea. Clearly this is not an issue for people who own a house, but since there is not enough space on ships to take everything with you, is there some sort of storage facility at naval bases?

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
What manner of "stuff" are you referring to? There are baggage stores in most establishments and you can sometimes hire garages too. Would either of those options work out? Speak to the accommodation office of your base port establishment.

What manner of "stuff" are you referring to? There are baggage stores in most establishments and you can sometimes hire garages too. Would either of those options work out? Speak to the accommodation office of your base port establishment.
Cheers. Yeah, a baggage store would fit the bill. Just excess uniform and civvies, really.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Most people leave their stuff at home with parents, relatives or partners. Where do you keep all the things you cannot carry in a case or kitbag at present?

At CU there was always a Squadron mess that was put aside and locked with all our kit in. After those days I bought a house and " put aside a spare room", that the wife never went in as I told her all my kit was expensive and dangerous and she should stay away from it!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)