Storage in Pompey?

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by Sogz, May 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Moving to Portsmouth in a week or two and I've got far too much tat to take on board with me.

I've spotted a nice skip near Gunwharf to keep most of it in, but I'm not sure if it's already been claimed and I can't really be arsed with the hassle of fighting a homeless man just to dump a black grip full of used condoms and naafi scran in it.
    I've also considered the buried treasure approach, but my memory isn't what it once was and my drawing skills leave a lot to be desired.

Has anyone got any recommendations on somewhere to store my various accoutrements while I'm on board/away?
    I've had a quick google and there seems to be tons of places, was just curious if anyone here had used a place before and could recommend it, or if they're all pretty much interchangeable.

2. If you're after a storage unit, Lok n Store near Whale Island was by far the cheapest on offer when I used it during a house move, although I imagine I had a lot more to store than you. Had no issues with them, although their opening hours are a little bit restricted at weekends compared with some of the alternatives if that's going to be an issue.

Self storage Portsmouth | Lok'nStore