Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stirling, Sep 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ....from NMC's post in joke section and amended.

Steam turbine room on a county class

2. They are both correct the the rn and civvy version
  3. The engine room on the county I served in is full of water and fish. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  4. Cdr (E) isnt blowing off Mech 1 through a degeridoo desigused as a shovel. not an RAN ship??
    :D :D
  5. That was pretty much the picture when I went down the STR from the Gear Room to find our Tiff, Jock Luboil and ask him to come down the GR to have a skeg at the core of a Sharples separater he had asked me to strip down. All the white and blue ovies were down there to look at a over heating bearing on one of the HP turbines, as I entered, Sid the Mech 1 was just about to split the shells of said bearing, bearing shells and shaft had black marks on them but no signs of any wear.

Stoker in the picture told the mess what had happened afterwards, every one had a look and gave their opinion, Cdr (E) phoned Reg Ch Tiff and asked him to come down and have a look, Reg CT knew county class backwards and it was HIS department not the white ovied figure heads.
    Reg CT came down and the conversation went something like this.
    'Sid, what do you think ?' --- 'I suspect water' --- 'Spot on Sid, water ingress'
    Cdr (E) 'What was that Chief ?, water you say ?' --- 'Yes sir'...........

Lt Cdr 'Are you sure'.....the silence was deafening.