Stokers beware.

Is that a Hoover you're using? o_O And there was me thinking matelots still used scrubbers, soap, water, glift n gleem! :oops: :lol: No wonder modern matelots are so unfit! :twisted:

thingy said:
Is that a Hoover you're using? o_O And there was me thinking matelots still used scrubbers, soap, water, glift n gleem! :oops: :lol: No wonder modern matelots are so unfit! :twisted:
You cant beat a piece of Pussers hard! :lol:

Seadog

War Hero
thingy wrote
And there was me thinking matelots still used scrubbers, soap, water, glift n gleem!
For a boiler clean? Did they ever.......in your experience?

seaweed wrote
??? isn't that a shoreside fire-tube boiler?
The photo does look as if it represents a land installation, looks dated too but may be more recent than it looks. What's the story Stirling?

slim

War Hero
Seadog said:
thingy wrote
And there was me thinking matelots still used scrubbers, soap, water, glift n gleem!
For a boiler clean? Did they ever.......in your experience?
I don't think our old stoker Thingy has ever done a boiler clean. :oops: Now he is particularly interested if any stokers (with full set) are interested in receiving a stoker clean. :p
A personnel service and satisfaction guaranteed.

Seadog

I've never needed to use a hoover to clean out my waffle iron, though it isn't an industrial sized one like Stirling's cleaning. ;) I use soap and water.

Yes I know I'm ignorant of modern pusser (1898 onwards) cleaning methods..... :oops: I plead banter.
:cya:

Steve