Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still waiting to hear from AIB

wetanduseless

Midshipman
Hi all, I have a few questions Re officer entry and I figured registering on these forums would be a good way for me to tap into a whole wealth of knowledge and experience (and, from what i have noticed, a great deal of cynicism too :roll: :lol: ).
Anyway i digress.
The main issue I have is that I applied for aircrew officer (pilot/observer) last year, passed the SIFT interview in February this year but still have not heard anything from the nice people at the admiralty interview board.
I was not expecting to have a date for FATs by now but i was at least hoping for some kind of confirmation.
Can any one tell me from personal experience (or otherwise) how long I should expect to be left in the dark?
Cheers
 

lonestar

War Hero
Well it is normally around 8 weeks from your AFCO sending your paperwork to the AIB to hearing from them, but that is for non-aircrew candidates. I'm not sure what effect the need to do FATs has on the timeframe, give your ACLO a bell and ask for an update if you are 8 weeks from your sift.
 
wetanduseless said:
Hi all, I have a few questions Re officer entry and I figured registering on these forums would be a good way for me to tap into a whole wealth of knowledge and experience (and, from what i have noticed, a great deal of cynicism too :roll: :lol: ).
Anyway i digress.
The main issue I have is that I applied for aircrew officer (pilot/observer) last year, passed the SIFT interview in February this year but still have not heard anything from the nice people at the admiralty interview board.
I was not expecting to have a date for FATs by now but i was at least hoping for some kind of confirmation.
Can any one tell me from personal experience (or otherwise) how long I should expect to be left in the dark?
Cheers

Well at least you got your screen name right! It varies depending on Careers Office, and time of year, if you want to just find out how things are going make sure you are not lost in the system, phone your ACLO and they can, in my experience, see where you are in the process.
 

officerguy

Midshipman
I had a call today from the Royal Navy recruitment centre here in Scotland saying they will be posting my application forms tomorrow. That's been about half a month from my formal interview. I have no idea when AIB is at the moment though.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
officerguy said:
I had a call today from the Royal Navy recruitment centre here in Scotland saying they will be posting my application forms tomorrow. That's been about half a month from my formal interview. I have no idea when AIB is at the moment though.

Not sure why it should take your OCLC a month to send your papers after passing the Sift Interview unless they were waiting for the production of academic certificates, academic results, your referees to respond or the completion & return of your Security Questionnaire or other correctly completed documentation.

The advice to those waiting for AIB after passing their Sift Interview is to contact your OCLC & check that they have all the correctly completed documents or whether they are waiting on an action from you.
 

officerguy

Midshipman
Ninja_Stoker said:
officerguy said:
I had a call today from the Royal Navy recruitment centre here in Scotland saying they will be posting my application forms tomorrow. That's been about half a month from my formal interview. I have no idea when AIB is at the moment though.

Not sure why it should take your OCLC a month to send your papers after passing the Sift Interview unless they were waiting for the production of academic certificates, academic results, your referees to respond or the completion & return of your Security Questionnaire or other correctly completed documentation.

The advice to those waiting for AIB after passing their Sift Interview is to contact your OCLC & check that they have all the correctly completed documents or whether they are waiting on an action from you.

Thanks! Will do! On the day of the interview I had to bring in my medical certificate and NI card so maybe it was the delay with that, but can't imagine it. Time's went so fasxt. I had my interview at the start of the month. Do we find out the dates of our AIB in the application letters?
 

wetanduseless

Midshipman
Cheers for the replies, just gave the ACLO a call and they provide me with the direct number to AIB, although i think i might hold off calling for another couple of weeks to save me coming across as an impatient little scrotum :wink: . I think the problem is the security clearance still hasn't come through, needless beaurocracy considering i have been in the RNR for 2 years already now :roll: . On another note, does anyone know on average how much time you have between taking FATs and taking AIB?
 

Teutonic_Taffy

Lantern Swinger
Yeah, it's bizarre... SC both for RNR and RN, it's strikes me as a waste of time, but I guess it's the way the Navy works.
 

Yorkey

Badgeman
I was told AIB would be 6-8 weeks after FATs. Don't feel as though they'll think you're impatient - a scrotum perhaps - but they're mostly very amiable ladies who deal with admin down there and are quite happy to tell you how your application is progressing.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
wetanduseless said:
I think the problem is the security clearance still hasn't come through, needless beaurocracy considering i have been in the RNR for 2 years already now

Providing you have stayed in the RNR without any breaks, then your Security Clearance remains valid & is simply transferred to your new trade. There should be no delays with regard AIB pending the transfer of SC as it should only be transferred as you physically leave the RNR & start full time.

Similarly, SC remains valid for 12 months when you leave the regulars or reserves.

On a completely different tack, for some bizarre reason those requiring a CRB check need to get a separate one applicable to the job for which it's intended. CRB & SC are two totally different beasties.

Teutonic_Taffy said:
Yeah, it's bizarre... SC both for RNR and RN, it's strikes me as a waste of time, but I guess it's the way the Navy works.

It doesn't.
 

Tom_llew

Newbie
I wouldn't worry about phoning - have just had to give them a ring as I have my AIB on 16th of May and I've heard nothing about travel. But apparently everything's fine, and they were lovely on the phone. I suspect they get an awful lot of similar calls.


As for time between FATs and AIB, I sat my FATs on the 2nd of February, so it can take some time to get a date.

Hope this helps
 

CityBoy1988

Lantern Swinger
sat my FATs on 8th Feb and got AIB 3rd May. so about 11 weeks ish i think the wait was. FYI I also rang to check about tickets and appar they are sent 1-2 weeks before your board.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Still waiting for start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
P 'Top Gun' Royal Navy pilot who took on Taliban while fyling upside down still waiting to bring Ameri The Fleet Air Arm 24
K Still waiting on disharge docs... UPO 1
W 8 months since medical,still waiting!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
pondwater Still waiting! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
A I very very mild asthma can I still join Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd: Still leading the conversation on the international stage MoD News 0
Sumo IRA still being track by secret squirrels Current Affairs 2
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Kate Still as the Scotland Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
M Holiday booked will I still be able to go if I start my navy application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Still be able to join? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Can i still join the navy with this conviction? Joining the Royal Navy 6
C Still serving? The Quarterdeck 7
O sprog to the Forum - Doe we still get our pensions at 55 ? Finance & Pensions 7
MoD_RSS Press release: Record number of schoolgirls make digital waves but women still under-represented in the cyber security sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Report 02/2019: Self-detrainment of passengers onto lines that were still open to traffic and electrically live at Lewisham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Alok Sharma: 'There is still an urgency for us to act' on women’s economic independence MoD News 0
yicker This thing is still a thing then? Diamond Lil's 19
onions Wasp still flying? The Fleet Air Arm 2
D Is HMS Bristol still in commission? The Fleet 4
Stirlin Jeff Beck : Still on the run. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
TheMau5e Failed FATs... Can i still take AIB? The Fleet Air Arm 17
T Is it still possible to do a WE PWO hybrid? The Fleet 5
Jack-The-Lad HMS GANGES - Still serving Bases / Shore Est 15
Joint_Force_Harrier Still Bitter & Twisted Diamond Lil's 29
effitilljointhenavy Aircrewman - FAT's still required? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
N Failed my RT but still got enough points for WE CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Guns RAF WWII bombs - the gifts that still give. Current Affairs 4
A RN Still short of Engineers? Ahem! The Quarterdeck 45
B still possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
D Can skimmers still drink at sea? The Fleet 82
soleil Telegraph: "The Royal Navy Can Still Be Fighting Fit Despite BAE Job Losses" Current Affairs 28
SONAR-BENDER Is KP still in business......... Diamond Lil's 4
H Is there somewhere I can still watch Officers and Gentlemen? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
soleil Telegraph: "Lethal Relics From WW1 Are Still Emerging" History 7
soleil Shepard: "IMDEX 2013: Royal Navy Argues It Is Still Relevant" The Fleet 1
D If an application for officer has failed, can you still pursue a career as a rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Speech: Burma making significant strides towards reform but challenges still remain MoD News 0
O Father passed away - will Mum still get pension? Finance & Pensions 19
trelawney126 Why is Bliar still expounding his Views Diamond Lil's 2
Horatio Nelson If The Royal Navy Didn't Pay, Would You Still Join? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
scouse FAA faces a 4year gap in AEW and still not fixed wing The Fleet Air Arm 24
finknottle The Tories are still at it. Current Affairs 15
soleil BBC News Magazine: "Does Anybody Still Need Aircraft Carriers?" The Fleet 3
soleil BBC News Magazine: "Could Britain Still Defend The Falklands?" Current Affairs 0
finknottle Snouts still in the trough Current Affairs 32
D Is anyone going in as a submariner chef and still waitin for a start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
Similar threads


















































New Posts

Top