still possible?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by BDM, Mar 31, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BDM

BDM Midshipman

Hi,

Is it possible to do my medical, fitness test and PRNC in a 2 month period?
    I got told i should be in Raleigh in June but every process seems to take a while and this looks very unlikely to me. I have my 2nd medical on the 14th of april as my urine test was too high in protein the first time.

If all goes smoothly is June still realistic?

if it matters im going in as Marine Engineering Submariner

Thanks

2. Yes. It is still possible.

3. Just a unrelated question, when did you apply and have your interview?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I reckon Drakey's must've been about 30 years back, probably more.

5. BDM

BDM Midshipman

hi,

i started my application in september n had my interview on 21st nov ...ok if its possible ...is it likely ?
    thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

6. Even for recruiting trades, is it still slow?

I have my interview tomorrow, and have been told by the AFCO that it would be quite a rapid process.

7. Ninja_Stoker

The only things that slow the applicant down are the medical - particularly if the individual does not read the appointment letter and take copies of any medical notes relating to any condition declared on the medical questionnaire to the initial appointment or if the candidate doesn't take the PJFT immediately upon receipt of the PJFT letter. Very often we get duffers who don't even start their fitness preps until they receive the PJFT letter & then want the full 28 days to take it or fail it, or request more time.

Applications can quite reasonably be completed in two months with a bit of prior planning and a pro-active approach. Problem is that PRNCs can be fully booked several weeks in advance & you must successfully complete a PRNC prior to commencing Initial Naval Training.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ninja_Stoker

We recruit for all branches, Surgeons to Pilots, Padre's to Commandos, Meteorologists to Engineering Technicians.

9. BDM

BDM Midshipman

yeah rapid compared to others ... i got told around 7 months, i have been proactive but there are times when you cant do anything and your waiting for an email to get a date its quite fruatrating at times not knowing what is happening.

10. BDM

BDM Midshipman

nurses have to wait 2 years for example

11. No they don't.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

12. BDM

BDM Midshipman

im just going off what a girl got told when i was at the careers office

13. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Some branches recruit very few people each training year. CTs might have only 36 through where as AETs could be a couple of hundred. NNs, qualified and student, would probably be less than 10 a year.