Stiff List 2022

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
When you catch us up I'd let you borrow my zimmer - but as I don't have one you can Foxtrot Oscar!!!! Not yet ready to grow up!!!!
Sadly, and I truly hate to admit this, but since my back op, I've been whizzing about on one of those wheeled zimmer things.

I call it the wheely bin.

However, though I'd like to lend it to anyone that needs it, CinCNagHome was told yesterday that she needs a double hip refit. Happy days.

Chris P

War Hero
67 is quite young, says me at 65 :oops:
Of course it is, it's like when you're a young fella and somebody has 50th, you think faaack that's old, but when you get there it's no different, worked with a bloke once crapping himself coming up to his 40th - it's all in the mind, if you can remember what it is that's all in the mind!!:confused:

Waspie

War Hero
Of course it is, it's like when you're a young fella and somebody has 50th, you think faaack that's old, but when you get there it's no different, worked with a bloke once crapping himself coming up to his 40th - it's all in the mind, if you can remember what it is that's all in the mind!!:confused:
On my 50th, Wifey bought me a PS2!! At 70, I'm busy killing a PS4. Thought of getting the newer PS5 but have you seen the price!!! That's the only bit of me that tells me I'm old. Age makes me think more about wonga!!!
There an old geezer bimbling round Fraggle, chatting to him the other other day, he's wondering if at 100, he should get one of those mobility scooters!!! Doesn't know if he'll get some decent wear out of it!!! Put's his longevity down to a lifetime in the quarries!! Don't make em like that anymore!!!
Age IS just a number.

Chris P

War Hero
Yes, age IS just a number, physically you just have to work around it and decide what you can do as against what you used to do and accept it...not hard...sometimeso_O:rolleyes:

Joined the mob at 17, at Raleigh I was taken out of training for a few hours and taken to Plymouth Hospital for extra eye tests (found out the medical ones were not done correctly), was told eyesight OK but would probably need glasses at 21. 21 came and eyesight ok, never needed glasses during my career.

Was told peoples eyesight start to go down hill at 40, as If by magic I had an eye test just as I left the mob at 40, bang, glasses required!!

Now I'm 53 and have to use my phone camera to read cooking instructions on packages (only because I don't carry my glasses around, they are left in my office in the loft :))

Also got hayfever for the first time at around 38 (Waddington Detachment), and it appears to get worse each year!!!

Latest Threads