Stiff list 2020

Ballistic

War Hero
RIP Nicholas Parsons.

Went to see The Rocky Horror Show in Guzz some years ago. He played the narrator.

I wasn't prepared for the sight of him dressed in stockings and suspenders in the final scene :eek:

It traumatised me for life...

Wightsparker

War Hero
I met him a couple of times, including once when he visited 1 Div with the Lords Taverners to play cricket and entertain the troops. RIP.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Genuinely sorry to hear about this one. Worked right up to the end as well.

The gentle humour that he had could be quite cutting at times and he played off of the insults from Paul Merton brilliantly. Made for excellent radio.

Dusty70

War Hero
Admiral Sir John Kerr, who has died aged 82, was Chief of Defence Intelligence during the collapse of the Soviet Union; for much of 1988–91 he was also vice-chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee - Skipper of Illustrious in 80s - From 1991–94 he was back in the Navy as Commander-in-Chief, Naval Home Command

BillyNoMates

War Hero
He made the Christmas Sweepstake loads of times, and beat it loads of times as well.

Spartacus is dead.

Sumo

War Hero
He made the Christmas Sweepstake loads of times, and beat it loads of times as well.

Spartacus is dead.

Having a wife nearly 40yrs younger may have been the final straw, RIP, good inning.

Waspie

War Hero
RIP, I wasn't aware until today he served in the US Navy as a comms officer.
One of the classic actors. Bracing myself for a Spartacus viewing!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
repoman Diamond Lil's 171
repoman Diamond Lil's 233
Dredd Diamond Lil's 402