Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Stiff list 2020

Watching the Cenotaph on Remembrance Day, can I stick a fiver on the Duke of Kent? I know with Andrew and Harry not there were are getting short of Royals, however he could hardly walk....

To be truthful, he looked unwell. Interesting man. Related directly to the Romanovs. His DNA, and the D of Edinburgh’s, were used for identification of the exhumed bodies.

He is also the Grand Master of Freemasonry of the World - so if he does shuffle off it will be interesting as to which Royal steps up

His brother Prince Michael is grand master of Middlesex but he is also getting on a bit

He is also the Grand Master of Freemasonry of the World - so if he does shuffle off it will be interesting as to which Royal steps up

His brother Prince Michael is grand master of Middlesex but he is also getting on a bit
Dusty
Not quite................ He is the Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England, which includes Wales. It is also right to say that English freemasonry (UGLE) is alive and well in many corners of the world, particularly the Commonwealth countries, where those countries often have their own constitutions (and hence their own Grand Masters). Scotland and Ireland have their own set-ups.
The Duke is also a Field Marshall. I don't think that he will get anything from the civil list, but I'm sure that an FM's pension will ensure that he wants for nothing.
As with JFH, I'll have half a tot with anyone that he won't be at the Cenotaph next year.

Dusty
Not quite................ He is the Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England, which includes Wales. It is also right to say that English freemasonry (UGLE) is alive and well in many corners of the world, particularly the Commonwealth countries, where those countries often have their own constitutions (and hence their own Grand Masters). Scotland and Ireland have their own set-ups.
The Duke is also a Field Marshall. I don't think that he will get anything from the civil list, but I'm sure that an FM's pension will ensure that he wants for nothing.
As with JFH, I'll have half a tot with anyone that he won't be at the Cenotaph next year.
Only half. Your not that confident then?

I have a pic of me briefing him on the aircraft jammer kit when I was on 360 Squadron back in the early 90's. He seemed like a top bloke and took time to chat to almost everybody, no pretence and was quite happy to sit in our stinking crewroom :)

Latest Threads