Stiff List 2019

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
Muhammad Ali.
Following the link from @ Stirlin, - catch 22, it has been reported on there that the great 'Ali', the former Cassius Clay, passed away last Friday night.

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
Muhammad Ali was an American professional boxer, activist, and philanthropist. He is nicknamed "The Greatest" and is widely regarded as one of the most significant and celebrated sports figures of the 20th century and as one of the greatest boxers of all time. Wikipedia

Died: 3 June 2016, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States Trending
I was hoping to get people to notice that this news came from the BBC, a.n. other piece of bullshit from a so called respectable company.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
From the We Remember Submariners site

It is with great sadness I have to report the passing of POCK Nobby Brian Clark last Tuesday.
Nobby served on HMS Repulse stbd crew from build to late 70 s he was a good pal and mentor will be sorely missed.
His funeral will be held on Tuesday 2nd July 15:15 at West Wiltshire Crematorium Frome Somerset.
His Daughter in Law Julia Baker has asked to an open invite to any ex colleagues to attend the funeral or any dits that can be added to the service. Nobby was not on Facebook so not a member of any groups.
Julia can be contacted on [email protected]

Sumo

War Hero

The Army in London - HQ London DistrictLike Page
13 June at 13:30
It is with heavy hearts that we must announce the death of Adamas, The Life Guards Drum Horse who came into service for Her Majesty The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012. His name is Greek for diamond but his temperament was gentle and he had a cheeky, fun side too which made him a Household Cavalry favourite. He developed an infection in the joint in one of his feet which required repeated intensive treatment. No expense was spared and he was treated by some of the most highly qualified surgeons in the UK.
Adamas underwent emergency orthopaedic surgery in March and seemed to be recovering well at the Defence Animal Training Regiment. Sadly, as is often the case with these conditions, he developed complications and despite the most incredible efforts of the referral surgeons and hospital staff, he could not be saved. A brave soldier to the end, he was peacefully and gently put to sleep in Melton Mowbray on Wednesday 5th June.
The Household Cavalry
The Band of The Household Cavalry

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
I have been to Melton Mowbray

a It is a total graffitied dump

b Could not find ANY Melton Mowbray pies........................................o_O

Wightsparker

War Hero
I used to get good Stilton cheese in Melton Mowbray. You could buy "mis-shapes" for about a quarter of the price of the "proper" stuff.

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
When I was an Instructor at Raleigh 86 to 88 - if you were 'naughty' as mess dinner you were fined a bottle of port - then at the end of each term mess members were invited to down said port and the mess itself provided a massive wheel of Stilton with the centre scooped out and filled with some of the port and the rest drunk

Happy, Happy days..............................................sigh

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
repoman Diamond Lil's 233
Dredd Diamond Lil's 402
exJenny Diamond Lil's 413