Stiff List 2016

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by exJenny, Jan 11, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. 2016, shurley?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ashes to Ashes
    Dust to Stardust

RIP David Bowie (2016)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Met David Bowie in a lift in Bermuda (late 90's), I was in with my boss and David and his wife got in. My boss said "Alright Dave", to which he shook our hands and said "I'm alright son, how are you?". He seems really down to earth. We were both in rig and he thanked us for our service etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Doh! Forgot that bit.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Obviously he was unaware what Woos do, or he'd have taken the piss ;)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. We had to slum it in Puerto Rico for 4 weeks.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Bummer. Is it anything like Puerto Smiff?
  9. 11 days into the New Year - time for predictions:

1] Fidel Castro

That is all.
  10. Brucie (whilst we are talking about Puerto Rico)
  11. Had to do that on a skimmer, maint period in Roosevelt Roads Naval Station about 1977, on our way to meet Ronny Briggs in Rio
  12. Did you get him to sign it? : sniowman.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Had to spent 4 to 6 weeks a year (3 years running) firing AMRAAM missiles with the Sea Harrier OEU. It was hell being a non sea going front line unit :)
  14. David Bowie was hugely talented and I'm sorry he joined the Stiff List. But I'm beginning to cringe at the amount of media coverage his death has generated.
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Ninja_Stoker

It's Princess Dianagate "proper peoples' mourning" innit?

I'm thinking of setting-up a shrine in my garden for Him and Lemmy. Lemmings are cordially invited to attend, for a small admission fee.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I wrote on ARRSE: now that Bowie has died, rock groupie grief whores may apply some perspective to the relative status and talent of Lemmy. Compare the media coverage. Bowie's obituary was, for all his originality, talent and charm; perhaps a bit too much for any popular musician below the late Sinatra.

17. My 2016 predictions, Entertainers; Ronnie Corbett, Parky, Brucie, Rolf Harris.Motor Sport; Stirling Moss, Sammy Miller. Music; Cliff Richard.