Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steward Vacancies ?

taggs101

Midshipman
Hi
I have my application in for catering / steward assistant and I’m just wondering if anyone knows approximately how many vacancies they are actually recruiting for. There’s not a lot of info on here regards the branch, do they usually have a shortage of applicants or is it the opposite?
Cheers

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Previous courses use to comprise of 8 students i think and that's going back 3-4 years ago. There has been no steward training over the last couple of years so there has been little talk of the branch on here until this recent recruitment drive.

Mackan2017

Badgeman
Great branch to be in, to be fair. Good training and good promotion prospects, from what I hear. It's also something that you can build-on when you decide that you've had enough of the sea and make your start in civvy life.

taggs101

Midshipman
Thanks guys, so I guess if they haven't had to recruit for a couple of years retention is very good. Anyone else on here going for steward.

5oclockhero

Lantern Swinger
I'm with you taggs. There's a bit more info on a stewards typical day on a previous thread if you use the search function. Megalopteron is your man, message him if you're struggling to find any info.

Last edited:

taggs101

Midshipman
Cheers 5oclockhero, I'm ex-rn (long time ago) so I think I have a fairly decent idea of what the job entails, I am curious though as to how many applicants there could be in relation to how many vacancies there actually are.

5oclockhero

Lantern Swinger
Not sure we'd ever know that taggs. Could be a big recruitment drive cos there hasn't been one for a while, could just be a few places. I'm as curious as you, so I'll be watching this thread incase any "inside" info crops up. I think on a previous thread it was said there's about 3 interviewed per position. Good luck with your app, but I suppose you could be my competition, lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Apprentice steward Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
dapperdunn End of the Steward branch. Diamond Lil's 31
L Warfare, Seaman and Steward Joining the Royal Navy 11
soleil Volunteers for Service Steward Duties at Wimbledon 2018 Sports and Adventure Training 0
U Steward apprentice 7th of Jan RFA 7
T Raleigh Steward Course Breakdown ? RFA 6
U Steward apprentice training Diamond Lil's 26
U Steward apprentice interview 27th of July RFA 0
comms monkey RFA steward phase 1 April 23rd 2017 RFA 2
Y Steward or seaman? RFA 8
WelshJaffaCake Steward intake May 2/Sep 2 RFA 19
moodle Steward Apprentice Interview RFA 22
Ally Steward Apprenticeship - Training date 3rd Jan 2016 RFA 1
5oclockhero Steward Apprentice RFA 28
T Steward apprenticeship - interview questions? RFA 4
Eps1 Steward Interviews RFA 19
C Opinion of Aircraft Handler / Naval Airman and Steward - Catering Services Logistics The Fleet Air Arm 4
ISeeThreeShips Steward Role? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 115
C Any steward (SM) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
E Waiting Times For Steward Submarines? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
bluevillain Logs Pers Del(Steward to You n Me) The Quarterdeck 151
D Any Stewards/Steward Submariners? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
J Questions on being a Steward Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
F Steward Matos Current Affairs 0
K Steward The Gash Barge 16
P HMS Cornwall ex-steward court martialled over lesbian fight Current Affairs 1
S Officers steward uniform 1946 History 15
Sierra_Hotel Steward Badge The Gash Barge 2
MoD_RSS Thousands of new Work Coach vacancies open across the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vacancies: Facilities Officers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Patent examiner vacancies at the IPO MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New vacancies in the Office of Tax Simplification MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vacancies: Inspectors of Air Accidents (Engineering) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Patent examiner vacancies at the IPO MoD News 0
soleil National Museum Of The Royal Navy - Vacancies For Trustees History 0
N Current Vacancies for JO? RFA 5
Simon - Quest Magazine Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) have a number of vacancies live on Questonline. The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Customer Service Professional – Nationwide Vacancies - £7 - £10 per hour The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Youth Mentor – Nationwide Vacancies - Upto £1700 per 3 week Programme - June to September 2015 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Self Employed Field Engineer - Competitive Salary – Nationwide Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Gas Technician, CEN1 OR CCN1, £26,435, Plus Fully Equipped And Maintained Van – Nationwide Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
L International company vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
G RFA Current Rating Vacancies RFA 17
Eps1 RFA Cooks vacancies RFA 16
DemobJob Demob Job Ltd - Technical & Engineering Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Marine Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: DV Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: SC Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: SC and DV Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
G Have you checked our latest vacancies? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0