Steward Interviews

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Eps1, Sep 3, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got an interview for Steward next week, by any chance????
  2. Yes, I've got mine on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Good luck everyone. Don't stress too much about interview. Had mine and it wasn't too bad at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Does anyone know roughly how many they are taking on and/or interviewing???
  5. For Comms I believe it's 24 being interviewed and around 8 jobs.
  6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Previously there were 8 places per stewards course.
  7. Thanks for the info ex-Jenny.
  8. BTW I assume there will only be 1 intake following the interviews? Anyone got any ideas what sort of questions they are likely to ask for would be stewards other than cleaning tips??
  9. Ships, their names and sizes and their role.
  10. Where are you from ?? Are you staying overnight?
  11. Staying at the Best Western on Sunday night.
    Like goose says, brush up on the RFA role, the ships names, numbers, crew numbers and roles.
    When's your interview?

13. No, RFA booked it for me.
    Good luck with your interview.

14. Hello All. Hope its not to late to jump on this thread. I have got my Steward interview on Tuesday in Portsmouth, really looking forward to it.
    Currently I am learning the ships statistics. Tonnage, size, capacity. Will I need to be exact with my answer? For example, RFA Gold Rover is 140.6m x 19.25 x 7.29. If asked would they accept 140m x 19m x 7m? I know its a fickle question but I want to impress but at the same point I don't want to over load with detail if its not required.
    Thanks for any help and good luck to anyone else that has an interview this week for the Steward's position.
  15. This might help x
  16. Thanks Porty, I spotted that post and have been revising exactly that. This web site is great, wish I'd found it a lot earlier.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Np Bigbarnicle. Good luck with your interview x
  18. Sorry Porty, I missed your question. Tuesday at 10am. Stopping at the Keppel Hotel.
  19. has the requirement that RFA stewards batted forthe other side been dropped?:p
  20. Encouraged, not required. It's political correctness gone mad I tell you.