Steward intake May 2/Sep 2

Discussion in 'RFA' started by WelshJaffaCake, Dec 7, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Tags:
  1. Anyone here had steward interviews or provisional offers?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I got my provisional offer for May the other day :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Got my offer this morning, Thanks to all who helped with great advice

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got my offer yesterday :D Letter says start date 1st May.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Same here all i need to do now is pass the medical and fill in the big envelope of bumpf that fell through the door

• Like Like x 1
  6. Called in at my docs today, they are checking if they have my blood type on file so it'll save me either paying for a new test or trying to get my navy medical records set to me (Dont think they will accept a photo of my old dogs tags as proof lol). They are ordering my vaccinations in for next week which im glad are free just have to go to the nearest travel clinic and pay for the yellow fever, sooner i get that bit over with the better :( Going to start working through the bumpf this week end, need to get a new passport but my travel expenses will cover that when i finally get them back lol :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Careful with your vaccinations guys. Live vaccinations such as yellow fever and mmr have to be taken with a period of 28 days between each if not taken on the same day so careful planning with your nurse is essential.

Well done all anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Did you guys hear about a new vaccinate with meningitis which you need only need one rather having different shots. My nurse told me there limited in NHS or you can go private but since I am in the target age group they will order it in for me.No need to waste the resources on the old and dying:p but I am going to double check with operational health first.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I saw that somewhere, probably on here lol thats why i thought i'd just get the ball rolling by seeing docs today ;) Really want to get SC away as quick as possible as it seems to be taking ages to go through :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  10. You only need Men C, but the new one covers A, C, W & Y. If you can't get the new one, just C is fine. As HN says, careful planning with jabs required, you dont want any unecessary delays.
    Have Recruitments number in your favs and stay in regular contact with them. Follow up everything you send them with a phonecall a few days later to make sure they've received it. I had to get them to double-check things a couple of times cos I knew I'd sent something they said was outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moodle, RFA Occupational Health might send you an authorisation form to sign to allow them to access your RN medical records, they did me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Meningitis acwy it's called. To get free on nhs you have to be at uni and under 25 I was told. Cost me about £33 I think privately. All reimbursed by RFA of course.

• Like Like x 1
    • Braindead Braindead x 1
  13. I am wondering about the price range for the ENG1 across the uk mines £80 in Swansea

14. Not had it confirmed but been told £80 also, thats for Scotland

15. £80 is correct. My total outlay was about £270. All of that was reimbursed apart from the £40 for a discharge book.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well done guys on getting your provisionals

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thank you :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. They only thing I have to pay for is ENG1, yellow fever and blood type. Meningitis acwy is free for all 16-21 year olds I was told

• Like Like x 1
  19. Got my ENG1 on the 21st, just cant wait to get that out the way!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Going to call tomorrow to get booked in :cool: